Surveillance System Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveillance System Recommendations?

Upon having my car broken into Friday night/Saturday morning along with some recent events I think it's time to really light the house up and put up cameras. I don't need anything too crazy or state of the art, but night vision and able to handle the climates are a must. Anyone bought a set from Sam's? I'd like to keep it under $500.00.

Look at Zmodo. Their basic 4 channel system is decent.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Check out the "neighbors" thread or just post job applications here and there that should keep them away

Comment

You could get a "yappy" dog...

Cheaper than $500 system.
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
          You could get a "yappy" dog...

Cheaper than $500 system.
          See my sig. Price is negotiable. Not yapper's though. They are great alert dogs and have a ruthless bark.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            See my sig. Price is negotiable. Not yapper's though. They are great alert dogs and have a ruthless bark.
            I've got 2 Alaskan Malamutes and a Great Pyrenees. The GP is named Kimber for a reason except I locked all 3 dogs in my room on accident.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
              I've got 2 Alaskan Malamutes and a Great Pyrenees. The GP is named Kimber for a reason except I locked all 3 dogs in my room on accident.
              Why is the GP named Kimber? She reminded you of a C team stripper, so you gave her the namesake?

Comment

Do you actually want to see the faces, or do you want want to just see movement and having the glowing IR cameras scare people away?

I spent well over $590 on my 16ch NVR/DVR alone, not including the 3tb hard drive. You are going to pay for 60+ for decent analog cameras, 150+ for the "best" quality analog. If you stick to a DVR make sure it can record all channels in D1. Most of the cheap kits only allow a few channels to record in D1.

IP cameras are getting cheaper every day. Dahua makes some good 1.3mp IP cameras for under $200. You will either need a dedicated NVR or PC to record.

Costco sells a kit with a NVR and two 720P cameras for $599 http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channe....11767205.html

Motion detection lights are 100000x better for cameras then using IR. They are cheap and easy to install.

Criminals hate two things, lights and cameras. If you have both I doubt you will ever get fucked with again.
                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                X