Organizing tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing tubing

Trying to figure out a good way to get this tubing out of the corner of the shop. Anyone have good ideas on how to organize this mess? I want it off of the floor

How about something like this? Maybe. Not quite off the floor, but moveable. Probably won't work very well with your bent stuff.

We carry a wide assortment of Wire Upright Roll Files that save valuable time by placing and storing drawings, blueprints, maps or any other rolled material.

Comment

Peg board for the bends, big ladder hooks for the straight pipe. Hang the bends on the peg board at the end of a shelving unit, and hang the straight pipe on the side of the shelving unit with the ladder hooks. Looks like you could use some labeled plastic bins for the rest of the junk in there, too.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Depending on how much space you have, you can weld rods to a plate, and just slide the pipes over the rods to hold them. You can also wall it that or make a rack.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I built a storage area in the shop and am thinking of hanging a couple of 2x4 underneath it and have them lay down and slide in some cardboard tubes that I have.

Comment

man I don't know of any good way to do this. The bends take up a lot of room no matter how you store them. The muffler shops use 55gal drums to stand the straight stuff up in, looks like it works good for them.

My stuff sits on an expanded metal shelf below my chop saw (that I don't use any more). All of the straight stuff stands up in the corner.

Comment

All the bends you see in the pic are some intercooler piping for a car that just happen to be in the pic. I have the bends nice and neat on a shelf.

Comment

If you really want it out of the way. wratchet strap them to a pallet or something and store it up high.

Comment

Working...
                X