Colt Anaconda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Anaconda

I have decided I want a large caliber wheel gun. I was looking at the Taurus .454 but I am unsure of long term quality of the Taurus guns. This led me to consider the Colt Anaconda. I'm thinking I want the .44 mag. Has anyone ever shot one? Are these the same quality as the Cobra guns? They look to be the same, although I have never even seen one in person. Barrel length is another issue too. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I have decided I want a large caliber wheel gun. I was looking at the Taurus .454 but I am unsure of long term quality of the Taurus guns. This led me to consider the Colt Anaconda. I'm thinking I want the .44 mag. Has anyone ever shot one? Are these the same quality as the Cobra guns? They look to be the same, although I have never even seen one in person. Barrel length is another issue too. Thoughts?
    The Anaconda is a fine weapon. I've never owned one, but fired one a lot. I do have a Smith model 29 (old-school .44 mag) in a 6", and I can tell you that it IS a hand full. I always have the option of firing the .44 special ammo for punching paper, and even that round is excellent for defense. Fire some different .44's before settling on one. I love the Ruger Red Hawk (not the "super"), if they are still available.

Comment

You should really check out the S&W Classics line. I really want a Model 10, and even more than that, a Model 57 from the Classic line, because it's an old service model .41mag, and I dig that. They brought all kinds of good shit back. Even the M1917 in .45acp, with the lanyard loop in the handle. Saxy.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Al, keep in mind Taurus has a lifetime warranty on most everything they make. FWIW my Taurus revolvers have never had issues and I only run +p+ loads.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I had a taurus raging bull .44 mag and I loved it! I always wanted an Anaconda but thats alot of $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
            Al, keep in mind Taurus has a lifetime warranty on most everything they make. FWIW my Taurus revolvers have never had issues and I only run +p+ loads.
            I was not aware of that, thanks for the info. I have checked out the Taurus guns before, mostly at the SHOT show and they seemed to be built well but I wasn't sure if they would hold up over the long haul. I like the fact that most Colt guns are investment grade pieces.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Any .44 magnum is going to be a handful. I have medium sized hands and the S&W 626 that I owned broke my thumb after the 4th shot with 240 gr.
              I sold it not long after that. Very nice guns, great sound at the range, most of the time, people will flock over to see what the hell that sound was. Ammo is expensive, it would be more of a show off peice or home defense. You can't go wrong with the S&W 626 series or newer. I know Matt (the cop) has one too...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

broke your thumb? that's fucking hard core! LOL
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
                  Any .44 magnum is going to be a handful. I have medium sized hands and the S&W 626 that I owned broke my thumb after the 4th shot with 240 gr.
                  I sold it not long after that. Very nice guns, great sound at the range, most of the time, people will flock over to see what the hell that sound was. Ammo is expensive, it would be more of a show off peice or home defense. You can't go wrong with the S&W 626 series or newer. I know Matt (the cop) has one too...
                  Oh I probably would never shoot anything with it except for paper and zombies. Besides that, it is just a toy. I got a shotgun or two for my home defense needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    broke your thumb? that's fucking hard core! LOL
                    Actually it was the cartilage at the base of my thumb that hurt like hell, the xray showed it ripped apart, i guess in so many words your calling me a bitch with pussy hands, oh well...
                    This was also with the original wooden grips, I should have bought a full wrap around Hogue.
                    Last edited by Rick Modena; 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

.44 mag does not fuck around. I've never broken my thumb firing one, but I'm not a panty waste either. That being said, I'll never own one.

- geeeeeeeeeeorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

The Taurus I had was easy to shoot but the barrel was ported so that may have helped. I shot a buddies Ruger Red Hawk in .44 and cant for the life of me figure out how people like shooting that style grips.

I do agree that at the range, the .44 mag got peoples attention!

Comment

Actually it was the cartilage at the base of my thumb that hurt like hell, the xray showed it ripped apart, i guess in so many words your calling me a bitch with pussy hands, oh well...
                          This was also with the original wooden grips, I should have bought a full wrap around Hogue.
                          not at all man... I know you're not some 75 pound woman... like I said, that's hard core
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I was shooting my S&W model 29 today, went through 50 rounds blasting at anything that would explode. I love .44 mags. After a while they start to feel a little pussy though.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I was not aware of that, thanks for the info. I have checked out the Taurus guns before, mostly at the SHOT show and they seemed to be built well but I wasn't sure if they would hold up over the long haul. I like the fact that most Colt guns are investment grade pieces.
                              I've owned a Taurus and had to send it in for warranty work. It was about a 4 week turnaround time. They are not on the Colt/S&W level, but they are good guns.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag.

Alan, if you'd like to shoot it, you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X