1963 Glenfield Model 60 refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Glenfield Model 60 refurb

I posted this on Canada but after looking through my photobucket i figured i would post it here too.

My Papaw was helping his friend clean out a condemned house and found two Glenfield 60's behind the hot water heater. He gave me this one, the worst of the two. The brown stuff you see is dead cockroaches, you couldn't even pull the bolt back. I tore it all apart and sprayed it down w/ clorox bleach clean up, then stripped it. I stained the stock w/ some walnut stain i had in the garage and then recoated the metal w/ Brownells gun kote. It was missing the two screws to the trigger assembly along w/ the butt plate and butt plate screws, Brownells had those two. I had a bought a sling and added a tasco scope i had and that it. I have less than a $ 100 dollars in it. I gave it to my pops for father day last year and after shooting it i wish i hadn't.

Sorry for crappy iphone pics, ive since bought a Nikon.

Last edited by DieselSmoke; 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Nicely done sir!!!
      Ded

Comment

It looks good, you did a good job. I do have one question, it looks like your wood has only been stained. Did you seal the stock?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          It looks good, you did a good job. I do have one question, it looks like your wood has only been stained. Did you seal the stock?
          No, just wiped a little snow river wood oil on it. If i would of had some sealer laying around i would have. But its $75/$100 gun so i didnt really care.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
            No, just wiped a little snow river wood oil on it. If i would of had some sealer laying around i would have. But its $75/$100 gun so i didnt really care.
            Sounds like a free gun to me! I have one just like yours actually, same stock and everything.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Sounds like a free gun to me! I have one just like yours actually, same stock and everything.
              Yes it was, to bad i gave it way. It's undoubtedly one of the best 22's ive ever fired, real tackdriver. But i found out that you need to keep it clean. Out in the oil fields of west Texas and 300 rounds, it didnt take long to get dirty and started jaming like a sum bitch.

Comment

I have a Glenfield m60 I am redoing right now. I will post it up when I get done. I am going to try out Brownell's Aluma Hyde II on it.

Comment

I've got an old Glenfield 60 I got while in highschool. It has the same squirrel stock as that one. Although the stock on mine broke, right behind the trigger guard, the whole butt comes off! I decided since my oldest son is interested in shooting I'd repair the stock and let him learn on it. Your's turned out nice!
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

That turned out great, sweet little rifle.

Comment

Working...
                    X