No announcement yet.

RIP Tom Vandergriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, no joking with this comment. is he the same guy that owns those Vandergriff dealerships?
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      okay, no joking with this comment. is he the same guy that owns those Vandergriff dealerships?
      yes

"Vandergriff was born in nearby Carrollton on Jan. 29, 1926. After graduating from USC in 1947, he returned to Texas and began working in his father's Chevrolet dealership in downtown Arlington. In 1951 he was elected mayor of Arlington, and three years later he convinced General Motors to build a planned Southwest assembly plant in the city. The plant is still in operation today, less than a mile southeast of the Ballpark. "

Comment

He used to, then gave them to his kids, who in turn lost their asses and sold out to the Van Tuyl group.

Comment

Okay, cause i never really put those two together
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Okay, cause i never really put those two together
            his kids were idiots, and fucked everything over that he did in Arlington. My father told me a lot about the Vandergriff family (he had to deal with them often) and how Tom was the only one worth two shits.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              his kids were idiots, and fucked everything over that he did in Arlington. My father told me a lot about the Vandergriff family (he had to deal with them often) and how Tom was the only one worth two shits.
              They definitely didn't belong in the car business. After Tom quit dealing with day to day operations it was obvious that things were changing and in hindsight they did pretty much everything wrong. Then again it's easy to run a sucessful car lot that's was operating for 60+ years at the same place, Victor tried to expand and it didn't work. His daughter (who ran the Buick store) would qualify as being an idiot though in most people's book. She was caught trying to float checks between banks, with apparently not having any actual cash in any of them.

Comment

Vandergriff was one of the best things to ever happen to DFW, let alone Arlington. Ed Wallace pretty much loves the guy for all he did...

Comment

Working...
                X