Best spotting Scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best spotting Scope?

Who has a really good spotting scope? And where did you get it?

I notice a lot of the ones I see online are almost inline and I would think you would want at least a 45 deg angle on the eye piece to look down range.....

I was at the range today and used a "telescope" I bought at Brookstone and it was really more of a telescope. Way too much magnification for that purpose. But the eye piece was very adjustable and that was a very nice feature.

Thanks,
    Mike
    2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
    2011 Harley Davidson F150
    2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
    Who has a really good spotting scope? And where did you get it?

I notice a lot of the ones I see online are almost inline and I would think you would want at least a 45 deg angle on the eye piece to look down range.....

I was at the range today and used a "telescope" I bought at Brookstone and it was really more of a telescope. Way too much magnification for that purpose. But the eye piece was very adjustable and that was a very nice feature.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I personally use an older bushnell scope with interchanging eye pieces. Works great, however for 600yd+ you need a camera/monitor system.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      I personally use an older bushnell scope with interchanging eye pieces. Works great, however for 600yd+ you need a camera/monitor system.
      Thanks! I am only looking for something that works around the 100 yd mark. I am too old to see 600yds to be able to point the thing.... LOL

Let me know if you have noticed a retail place locally that has a large selection of these sort of scopes.
      2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
      2011 Harley Davidson F150
      2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Best? Swaro!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVert View Post
          Thanks! I am only looking for something that works around the 100 yd mark. I am too old to see 600yds to be able to point the thing.... LOL

Let me know if you have noticed a retail place locally that has a large selection of these sort of scopes.
          The quality and price is proportional to the caliber you're shooting. I can see a .30 cal on a crappy scope, but not .223 for instance. For 100 yards you would probably be okay with any scope, usually fixed elements (no removable piece) are more reliable at lower price ranges because they are easier to dial in for the manufacturer. When it comes to optics on a budget, I always recommend Nikon. They know optics better than anyone, and they generally offer higher quality in comparison to other manufacturers in the lower price ranges.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I use a Vortex Skyline ED 60x that is VERY nice given its price point.

Comment

Working...
            X