Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UConn's women team loses after 90 game win streak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn's women team loses after 90 game win streak.

After setting a record of 90? wins in a row, they were beat by Stanford. It's funny all the TV announcers say how amazing it is when I remember about 6 months ago I remember listening to 105.3 and the hosts were saying "Who cares? You can take a high school state champion boys team and completely dominate the best womens college team." Which I honestly think is true. Womens sports is a joke.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

thank god
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
      Womens sports is a joke.
      Quite the stupid statement.
      Originally posted by Denny
      I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
        Quite the stupid statement.
        Agreed.
        If you've ever lived with a female athlete, you wouldn't think that.

Comment

yea, my thank gad was said cause i was tired of hearing it
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Agreed.
            If you've ever lived with a female athlete, you wouldn't think that.
            They train just as hard and compete at 50% the level.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
              They train just as hard and compete at 50% the level.
              Depends on the sport, but in most cases, you're wrong. Women do things in gymnastics that men can't do. Distance runners don't fall 50% back, either. I agree that I don't care to watch womens' sports as a spectator, but 50% is a bit much.
              Last edited by Vertnut; 12-31-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Bro's before hoe's
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Depends on the sport, but in most cases, you're wrong. Women do things in gymnastics that men can't do. Distance runners don't fall 50% back, either. I agree that I don't care to watch womens' sports as a spectator, but 50% is a bit much.
                  So...womens team sports are a joke?

Comment

So...womens team sports are a joke?
                    As spectator sports, some are, but so are some of the mens', too. Mens' sports' that have been victim to "title 9", aren't really spectator sports...water polo, rugby, lacrosse, cricket, etc. Whens the last time you watched a mens' college water polo match? Cricket match?

Comment

As spectator sports, some are, but so are some of the mens', too. Mens' sports' that have been victim to "title 9", aren't really spectator sports...water polo, rugby, lacrosse, cricket, etc. Whens the last time you watched a mens' college water polo match? Cricket match?
                      I don't think think they're televised...at least not on basic cable. I did actually watch some rugby earlier this year. I'd still put my money on any mens teams from those sports against any womens team.

Comment

I don't think think they're televised...at least not on basic cable. I did actually watch some rugby earlier this year. I'd still put my money on any mens teams from those sports against any womens team.
                        Head-to-head? Of course. It doesn't mean they're a "joke", and it doesn't mean I don't like watching womens' volleyball, gymnastics, or track events.

The reason those mens' sports are NOT televised, is because no one cares to watch them.

Comment

Working...
                        X