Rear seat screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear seat screen

I'm looking for a decent rear seat screen so I can hook it up for my son to watch. He is currently in a rear facing car seat so I'd have to fab up a bracket for it. Ideas?

I like this one. Cheap and simple.
    Power Acoustik PT-700MHR • 7" Universal TFT-LCD Headrest Monitor with Remote also works as stand-alone • Universal Stand Alone/Head Rest Monitor • 7" LCD Touchscreen • Low Glare • Simple to USe OSD • 16:9 Widescreen • Selectable screen modes • Black
    Last edited by Z06killinsbf; 10-14-2012, 09:35 PM.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

May be just me, but if he is in a rear facing seat, he seems too young for a personal DVD screen...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

It would keep him occupied. I've had this discussion with many other parents (I thought like you) and they are all for it. I dunno, it's just to appease the wife.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Maybe I'm just a hard ass...

When my kids were that age, portable DVD players were still pretty new and expensive, let alone having them mounted in the car...

Unless it's a really long drive, I just play sign games and stuff with my kids.
        Their favorite is the ABC Sign Game. Have to go through the alphabet using only the signs you can see from the car. Street sign has letter "A", then a billboard my have letter "B" but you can't use the same sign for more than 1 letter...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

If I played that game with my son I'd hear "blah blah blah bab bab bab dada dada (scccccrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamm mmmmmmmmm) *cries*"

Pretty much like that, he hates the car.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

How old is he? Have you tried hitting him?

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              If I played that game with my son I'd hear "blah blah blah bab bab bab dada dada (scccccrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamm mmmmmmmmm) *cries*"

Pretty much like that, he hates the car.
              my kids fuckin love riding in the car.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                my kids fuckin love riding in the car.
                Must be nice.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  Must be nice.
                  it is. We dont try any long trips if we dont have to, but they sleep most of the time we are on the road, and generally are pretty good when they are awak.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

IMO, an infant does not need a tv. if you shove this bullshit down his eyeballs now, how bad is he going to be when he gets older? have fun with that 450 lb lazy fuck that survives on cheetos and mountain dew and WoW.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                      IMO, an infant does not need a tv. if you shove this bullshit down his eyeballs now, how bad is he going to be when he gets older? have fun with that 450 lb lazy fuck that survives on cheetos and mountain dew and WoW.
                      Hey, I don't play WoW.

Comment

^lol

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Maybe its your wifes driving. I know my 5month old hates riding with my wife in anything she drives lol.

If you have an ipad they make head rest mounts that clip to the rods that go in the seats...

and since cheetos was brought up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLy4j8EZIk[/ame]

Comment

my little girl didnt complain at all about riding in my cars as a young'un. she was a little over a year old in that picture.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Working...
                            X