Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the american top gear series worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the american top gear series worth watching?

i hate to admit, but the brits top gear is fucking gold. not sure if those guys can even be close to the original

It's getting better but will never be the original. I watch it because my cable doesn't have BBC

Comment

It has been descent. I still don't care for the fat guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        It's getting better but will never be the original. I watch it because my cable doesn't have BBC
        i know it's not the same but you can go to streetfire.net and they have almost every single season/episode of the original top gear

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          It has been descent. I still don't care for the fat guy.
          He is the oddball on the show. Tanner is a professional driver, winning many rally and drifting championships. Adam is a professional comedian and actor, while Rutledge (the fat guy) doesn't really have anything in his background other than some spotty color commentary on the Speed Channel. I'd rather see Danica or one of the Force girls as a host personally.

It's definitely not as good as the original series but it is worth watching. The guys do some seriously dangerous stuff! I mean who in their right mind would include an MX track as part of a road test? It was awesome watching that big Caddy try to clear the doubles but it could have ended very badly. Especially with a trunk full of moonshine!

Comment

it blows.

I've given it many tries and I just don't like it. I can't stand the guy with the mole...I hate the forced laughter from the random people just standing around...the whole show just bugs me.

Comment

fail.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I love the original for what comes across as an honest opinion of what they may be doing at the time. The new one just seems like they are reading a script and not giving their actual own thoughts it.

The original could be setup the same way, but they do a 10x better job at getting the point across.

Comment

It's ok. It'll never be the Brit version. It's a combo of Clarkson/Hammond/May being actually funny and being so british that it's charming for us yanks. I heard May describe Hammond as being grumpy by calling him: "Mr. Grumble Trausers". Hilarious, and you're just not going to get that out of an American show.

The US version isn't terrible, and there are aspects of all three guys that are pretty entertaining, but I don't understand one thing: If they're going to rip off the UK version, why not follow the original formula and get automotive journalists to host? Is it that difficult to find entertaining journalists in America? We have exponentially more population than England. Surely there are 3 guys that really know cars and are funny.

Do Americans really require a pro driver, a stand up comedian, and a fat guy yuk monkey to be entertained?

I'm pretty sure 2 out of 3 of those guys don't know dick about cars.

And yes, the canned applause in the studio shots is fucking annoying.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  I'd rather see Danica or one of the Force girls as a host personally.
                  You lost me there. I've never seen the Force girls on video, but Danica is a cold fish in front of a camera.

Comment

It's ok. I watch it, but if i miss one, no big deal.

Comment

i dvr the BBC Top Gear, and have only watched one episode of the American Top Gear.

Comment

okay so i just watched the first episode on streetfire... fucking sucked! i will not be watching anymore anytime soon

the jokes/acting sucked. there were a few moments that were kinda cool, like watching that big ass buirck trying to go up the 60% grade hill and the fiero crashing into the buirck. but for the most part is was dry and painful to watch

Comment

Never watched it. From the commercials showing previews it looks stupid.

BBC Top Gear 4eva!

Comment

Mike, the 1st episode is the worst.

Comment

I've been watching this since the beginning and although it's not great, it's not bad either. You can't expect the program to start off with greatness. Look back at Season 1 of TG:UK and it was far from perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X