Took the plunge....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the plunge....

So I finally got tired of my Glock 34 trigger after feeling one of my buddies XDM's that had been worked very extensively. So I ordered the ZEV technologies (glockworx) full fulcrum ultimate kits. I had an issue with the trigger not reseting once that was installed, and after a short chat with their tech support and a couple of quick troubleshooting efforts, we figured out that the connector was bad. So they had a new one on the way to me that day. I received it today, but wasn't happy with the trigger pull weight initially as well as after the new connector (not like it would make that big of a difference). So, I talked to them today and they said if I wasn't totally satisfied, to send them the gun and they would tune the trigger to my liking at the cost of return shipping only. So, I sent it to them and they said that they would try to get the trigger pull to around 2 lbs but could not promise it. They said worst case would be 2 1/2 lbs of pull weight. I let them talk me into their grip package as well, they are undercutting the trigger guard, stippling the whole gun, reducing the grip angle as well as the girth of the grip. They are also removing the finger grooves. Overall it should make a huge difference in the feel of the gun. I'll update this thread when I get the gun back. I was just curious if you guys had any experience with Glockworx. Their guys there seem to be very knowledgable and friendly, which is nice when you are talking to someone who is taking lots of your money, lol. Also, they cut me a pretty good deal because of my military status.
    Last edited by slowyellow; 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Man, 2lbs of pull is EXTREMELY light. What I've learned from having quite a bit of nice triggers and working triggers is pull weight isn't everything. My python has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt, and it's 4lbs 3oz. It's all in the take up and break. Are you sure you want to go that light? Rarely a trigger will hold that weight, as they wear in and get dirty they will slowly creep up in pull. When I measure the trigger I did on my MKIII on a fresh clean it's 2lb 6oz, and after 10 mags or so it's up to about 3lb 5oz. To me a good trigger is all about how predictable the break is and a low enough weigh as to not induce muscle strain. I would love to feel that trigger when it's done as I'm a little skeptical they can get a crisp reproducible break being that light on a DAO striker fire. All of the really light glock triggers I've felt were best compared to a long consistent pull through sand and then a random break at some point you didn't expect.

You might want to talk to cobra commander on here, he has his G20 worked over recently and I think it might have been glockworx that did the stippling/grip angle/beaver tail. I think I measured his trigger at 6-7lbs so I don't think it was worked over.
    Last edited by CJ; 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Man, 2lbs of pull is EXTREMELY light. What I've learned from having quite a bit of nice triggers and working triggers is pull weight isn't everything. My python has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt, and it's 4lbs 3oz. It's all in the take up and break. Are you sure you want to go that light? Rarely a trigger will hold that weight, as they wear in and get dirty they will slowly creep up in pull. When I measure the trigger I did on my MKIII on a fresh clean it's 2lb 6oz, and after 10 mags or so it's up to about 3lb 5oz.

You might want to talk to cobra commander on here, he has his G20 worked over recently and I think it might have been glockworx that did the stippling/grip angle/beaver tail.
      Thanks for the comment man. I've shot quite a few sub 1 lb trigger 1911's and love them. I know, I know they are two totally different animals but pull WEIGHT is pull weight. I was not at all disappointed with the crispness of the break and I didn't mess with the pre travel or over travel because I was sending it in, and figured that I'd let the "factory" do that.

I didn't say it in the initial post, but I almost figured it was assumed. This gun will be used exclusively in a competition setting, or a few short trips to the range. It will never be carried. I'm sure that I want it as light as they can get it, lol. I told them that, but gave them the "as long as it's safe" stipulation. I didn't have the beaver tail done because the guy writing the invoice said if I had never had an issue with "glock bite" that he did not recommend it. I'm anxious to see what a difference the stippling and girth reduction makes.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
        Thanks for the comment man. I've shot quite a few sub 1 lb trigger 1911's and love them. I know, I know they are two totally different animals but pull WEIGHT is pull weight. I was not at all disappointed with the crispness of the break and I didn't mess with the pre travel or over travel because I was sending it in, and figured that I'd let the "factory" do that.

I didn't say it in the initial post, but I almost figured it was assumed. This gun will be used exclusively in a competition setting, or a few short trips to the range. It will never be carried. I'm sure that I want it as light as they can get it, lol. I told them that, but gave them the "as long as it's safe" stipulation. I didn't have the beaver tail done because the guy writing the invoice said if I had never had an issue with "glock bite" that he did not recommend it. I'm anxious to see what a difference the stippling and girth reduction makes.
        His G20 was thinned, beavertail added, flared mag well, etc. I found it a lot more comfortable, but the stipping is quite rough and I found it bothersome if I held it/shot it for long periods. I think the best frame mod to a glock is a beaver tail, it makes the gun ride higher and gives it more of a 1911 feel.

I fired Alex's Dad's Wilson supergrade last weekend and I believe it had a 2lb 3.2oz trigger and on my first squeeze I fired it completely unaware of when it would discharge, it went off way earlier than I expected. If you can shoot that trigger dependably that's awesome, I just found them to be a liability if you're shooting in any competition that requires running or any physical exertion.

Ah, I have a picture of it as a matter of fact, I just checked my phone (emailing them to myself atm). Also, it's for sale as well if anyone is interested. Hell of a deal on a completely custom G20.
        Last edited by CJ; 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Subscribing...wife and I shoot gen4 G34's in competitions. Polished a bunch of stuff on mine and it is noticeably better than her completely bone stock one.

Comment

His G20 was thinned, beavertail added, flared mag well, etc. I found it a lot more comfortable, but the stipping is quite rough and I found it bothersome if I held it/shot it for long periods. I think the best frame mod to a glock is a beaver tail, it makes the gun ride higher and gives it more of a 1911 feel.

I fired Alex's Dad's Wilson supergrade last weekend and I believe it had a 2lb 3.2oz trigger and on my first squeeze I fired it completely unaware of when it would discharge, it went off way earlier than I expected. If you can shoot that trigger dependably that's awesome, I just found them to be a liability if you're shooting in any competition that requires running or any physical exertion.

Ah, I have a picture of it as a matter of fact, I just checked my phone (emailing them to myself atm). Also, it's for sale as well if anyone is interested. Hell of a deal on a completely custom G20.
            Would like to see a pic of said 20. And the 3 gun competitions I compete in do require running and "physical exertion". But they assured me that the trigger safety is still very functional and intact.

Also, I have found that with some practice that I can get used to a trigger that is around 1 lb. And I know exactly what you are talking about as far as not expecting that first round to go off. I have shot a couple of them that are around 1 lb and it is a surprise most of the time, but have found that if you put a few mags through it you tend to start to "respect" that first round a little more, lol.

And I know that the removing of the finger grooves and flattening of the backstrap is very 1911ish but that's not what I'm after. I think that the beavertail actually would hurt me. It brings the bore further about the hand which will not give you as much stability during recoil for that next follow up shot. I'm sure that you know, but pretty much the closer your hands are to the bore the more "flat" the gun will recoil, resulting in more precise follow up shots during rapid fire.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Sorry guys, it was gripreduction.com that did the work on Noel's G20.

Apparently showing how thin it was wasn't my intention with these pics.

Comment

Check out a grip force adapter if you want to add a beavertail without modifying the frame

Comment

Just got a call from glockworx telling me that my gun was ready and is being shipped tonight. They told me that they got the trigger between 2 and 2 1/2 lbs with a VERY short reset and pretravel. I'm excited to say the least. I'll update with pics and a review when I get it in hand.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Sorry guys, it was gripreduction.com that did the work on Noel's G20.

Apparently showing how thin it was wasn't my intention with these pics.

I didn't know it was possible to make a Glock MORE ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Sometimes it's not about how good it looks... Just sayin'. Some of the pros have the ugliest guns.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

There are equally good "plastic" pistols that look a lot better. I know looks aren't important in firearms, at all. But if I was going to spend that kind of cash on a it damn sure wouldn't be on a Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Depends on who does the work and what type of texturing they do. Here's one with a grip reduction and texture

Comment

Let us know how the Glockworx Fulcrum trigger works for you. I'm curious if it's a totally different feel or not.
                            I didn't want to spend that much money on mine so I went with the Ghost Rocket 3.5 lb connector with shorter reset and no overtravel. They are a pain in the ass to install as you have to keep slowly removing material from the overtravel tab until pulling the trigger finally drops the firing pin. In the meantime you have to keep taking it apart over and over.
                            I was pleased with the end result for $25, and it seemed to help with accuracy on quick follow-up shots. I don't expect a whole lot from a Glock trigger anyway.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                              Let us know how the Glockworx Fulcrum trigger works for you. I'm curious if it's a totally different feel or not.
                              I didn't want to spend that much money on mine so I went with the Ghost Rocket 3.5 lb connector with shorter reset and no overtravel. They are a pain in the ass to install as you have to keep slowly removing material from the overtravel tab until pulling the trigger finally drops the firing pin. In the meantime you have to keep taking it apart over and over.
                              I was pleased with the end result for $25, and it seemed to help with accuracy on quick follow-up shots. I don't expect a whole lot from a Glock trigger anyway.
                              I will let you guys know for sure. I bought it with the intent of returning it if I wasn't COMPLETELY satisfied with it, the damn thing was expensive so I want to be happy with it. From what I've heard, once the trigger is "tuned" it is pretty awesome. But you have to understand that there is NO way to duplicate that breaking pane of glass feel of a well tuned 1911 or 2011 trigger. I love those, but don't want to drop several grand on a STI.

I'll try to post up some pics of what the glockworx grip reduction and stippling looks like. I think for what it is, it looks pretty good. After dropping the coin that I did on the grip work and trigger, I'm a little excited to get it back.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X