Trip to Moab, UT - Anyone in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Moab, UT - Anyone in?

Looking for some serious wheelers to head to Moab this Spring, planning around April. I don't want to do the trails alone, so the more the merrier!
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

If I had something capable of the terrain I'd be down. Love it out there, great scenery and as wide open as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      If I had something capable of the terrain I'd be down. Love it out there, great scenery and as wide open as you can get.
      yeah buddy! I want to take the wife as I'm sure she would love it. More to see there than here, that's for sure!

Awesome! You know you wanna go! I'll pull your ass out if you get stuck.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

don't get passed up by the guy in the crown vic with the dogs! lol

Comment

I love it out there. That and northern NM and southern CO. Really makes me miss my old rig.

Comment

Id love to go, and if the entire off road was as above in picturs, my truck would go fine. I doubt ill have the time though.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              Id love to go, and if the entire off road was as above in picturs, my truck would go fine. I doubt ill have the time though.
              Those are mostly the scenic transition trails. There are some 3 & 4 diamond rails. A stock wrangler should be able to do them with a good driver. As long as you have some good tires and 4wd you should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Those are mostly the scenic transition trails. There are some 3 & 4 diamond rails. A stock wrangler should be able to do them with a good driver. As long as you have some good tires and 4wd you should be okay.
                how about two lifted wranglers front to rear welded together?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  how about two lifted wranglers front to rear welded together?
                  haha, the reason the stock wranglers can do it is because of the short wheel base. You have to have a substantial amount of lift in a pickup or full size truck so you don't hang up all the time. lockers are a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Damn, really? I figured it Moab required things like a lift, lockers, gears, etc...
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Chuck goes every year with a bunch of Jeep guys, I think most of them trailer their rigs.. You might want to check with him. His is fully capable of driving out but his buddy has like a 2 or 3 car trailer that he piggy-backs on.

I would like to go at some point but for the time being, too many places I want to see - too little time off and money.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        Damn, really? I figured it Moab required things like a lift, lockers, gears, etc...
                        I think a lot of the really rough stuff have bypass routes..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Chuck goes every year with a bunch of Jeep guys, I think most of them trailer their rigs.. You might want to check with him. His is fully capable of driving out but his buddy has like a 2 or 3 car trailer that he piggy-backs on.

I would like to go at some point but for the time being, too many places I want to see - too little time off and money.
                          I will trailer my rig as well. 4.88's for 1,000 mile trip? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            If you're a good driver a stock wrangler can do a hell of a lot of stuff. My 50yo mother in law did 3 and 4 diamond trails her first time out, and didn't get stuck once.

Comment

Sucks you won't be able to wheel on the Lions Back. Read that some developers (tree huggers I'm sure) bought it and another trail and closed them off.

Comment

Working...
                              X