$14.50/1000 small rifle primers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $14.50/1000 small rifle primers.

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!

These are the cheapest primers on the planet right now. Wideners has been out of stock for about 6 months on these, and may never get them back in stock again. I've been shooting these in my .223 and .300BLK loads for the last 2 years, and I highly recommend them. They are less than half the price of other primers. If I were you, I would order a mother shit load like I did.

I order the small rifle primers, and not the magnum primers. I don't mind the softer cup, but what's important to me is it's copper colored. That way I can identify my twice fired cases from other range brass.

If you order over 5,000 it's $14.00/1000.
    Last edited by CJ; 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I just ordered 20k of them. Best prices I've seen on primers in sometime @ $14/1k.
    It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Why would one get "magnum" primers? I plan on reloading my own .223 starting after the new year. I might go ahead and pick 5k of them up.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Why would one get "magnum" primers? I plan on reloading my own .223 starting after the new year. I might go ahead and pick 5k of them up.
        The regular rifle primers are pretty soft cups compared to most. In Wolf primers, the magnum's are harder cups, and spark a little hotter. Basically, you don't need them unless you're loading really hot 5.56mm rounds. I load hot 5.56mm rounds with the regular small rifle primers though. The primary complaint is they flatten more, so some guys have trouble deciphering how hot their loads are. But me personally, I like the copper primers, I can pick out my twice fired every time, allows me to track and cycle my brass so much easier. They are soft cups though, I've had two of them go bang when I was loading them on my press. Makes your ears ring. But, that's 2 primers out of like 30,000 I've loaded. I'll save 50% for that all day long. And I've never had a FTF on any of them, ever.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Score! If I can't use them, I can always sell them at cost...
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
          X