Run times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run times

I have just downloaded a new update on my Bully Dog GT and updated my truck (08 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Laramie) and here are my times. Question is, are these any good for a quad cab truck?

60 feet: 2.3 seconds
    0-60 mph: 7.6
    1/8 mile: 9.1
    1/8 mile speed: 76
    1/4 mile: 15.5
    1/4 speed: 73
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

okay for a truck.

Comment

Is it? I've never paid attention to run times and it seems slow to me, but then again, it's a heavy truck 4x4

Comment

Those seem like very good ETs for a quad cab 4X4, but how is the world could the 1/8 speed be 3mph more than the 1/4 speed?
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I got off the gas because I was coming up on a curve. It also has several hundred pounds of tools and me and my passenger in her.

Comment

not bad at all for a big truck.

Comment

Take it to a track, I'm willing to bet those numbers are significantly off.

Comment

Nearest track is a couple hours away. That is going off the BD digital reading

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  I have just downloaded a new update on my Bully Dog GT and updated my truck (08 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Laramie) and here are my times. Question is, are these any good for a quad cab truck?

60 feet: 2.3 seconds
                  0-60 mph: 7.6
                  1/8 mile: 9.1
                  1/8 mile speed: 76
                  1/4 mile: 15.5
                  1/4 speed: 73

Your 1/8 mile looks damn good, but your 1/4 mile does not match your 1/8 mile times. You sure you posted that right? Should be closer to a 14.5 or quicker.

If all you have is a bullydog, you are the first person I have seen that beat my trucks time. But mine is all stock less the drop in K&N filter.

If you were closer we could line them up. I agree with above, I question the accuracy of whatever gave you your times. My truck pulls close to a 6.1-6.2 sixty foot time

My truck ran a

2.090...60'
                  5.946.....330'
                  59.11...mph
                  9.142 1/8th
                  75.28...mph
                  Last edited by SSMAN; 01-02-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I ran her last night from my drive to the first curve in the road, ESP off with a K&N and the computer set just below the premium octane setting. She's a tank, but was roaring last night.

All I have is the BullyDog GT. No extra chips, nothing else. I'll see if I can get a better 1/4 time by actually allowing myself some road to do it on. I got the times off of the performance tracker built into the system.

Comment

I ran her last night from my drive to the first curve in the road, ESP off with a K&N and the computer set just below the premium octane setting. She's a tank, but was roaring last night.

All I have is the BullyDog GT. No extra chips, nothing else. I'll see if I can get a better 1/4 time by actually allowing myself some road to do it on. I got the times off of the performance tracker built into the system.
                      My brother got a Bully Dog for his 6.2 ltr chevy truck. I have never used one, but hear good things about them. There is only one piggy back system for the Jap truck and it is expensive with mixed results. You can use my time slip to judge what yours should be. My truck is freakisly fast out of the hole for a stock truck. Not so much on top end. Let us know what the second test results produce.

I have seen some Hemi's running good at K'dale, but have not clue what they have done to them.

Comment

Our times and speeds in the 1/8th look very damned close. I turned my ESP off and set it to 2 wheel drive. I reset the shift points and all that good stuff

Comment

Our times and speeds in the 1/8th look very damned close. I turned my ESP off and set it to 2 wheel drive. I reset the shift points and all that good stuff
                          Did you get your 60' close to mine? Because I had two tenths on you there. If not, then your times may not be real time. Unless you are picking up those 2 tenths on the ladder end. I have never had a Dodge (with your mods) chase me down before. But who knows, there is always the first.

Most stock Dodges run 9.7's-9.8's. Seen some with a tune and bolt ons run 9.5's. Seen some running deep in the 8's, but I have no clue what they had to get it there.

Comment

Stall, slicks, gear, LT headers, Cam, Cai, Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                              Stall, slicks, gear, LT headers, Cam, Cai, Tune.
                              I guess that would get most trucks there. Just saying I did not have first hand knowledge of what they had done. Nitrous would get them there too.

Comment

Working...
                              X