Bullet casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet casting

I am looking into bullet casting for pistol ammo. I have done some reading. I was wondering what is your opinion on it. This will be only for range ammo.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

It is lots of fun. Make sure to do it outside of your house. Don't let your kids near you supplies either.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      It is lots of fun. Make sure to do it outside of your house. Don't let your kids near you supplies e ither.
      True, if for nothing other than lead fume venting.

Comment

Thanks
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
          I am looking into bullet casting for pistol ammo. I have done some reading. I was wondering what is your opinion on it. This will be only for range ammo.
          There's good and bad. It makes your unit cost as low as humanly possible. When it comes to pistol ammo 80% of your cost is the projectiles, big savings. The disadvantages (to me) is it can get dirty, and also I've started to get a little less friendly with lead. I deal with it so often that I have to be careful, and when I shoot cast bullets you get a huge cloud of lead and it concerns me the health risks involved. I could be talking out of my ass, but I do a lot of shooting and that does concern me. Not to mention the casting process etc.

At the moment I only cast 00 buckshot, because that shit is stupid expensive.
          Last edited by CJ; 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

CJ; eat fresh indigo if you are afraid that you have been over exposed to lead. Lead also doesn't do much to adults until the level gets extremely high.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              CJ; eat fresh indigo if you are afraid that you have been over exposed to lead. Lead also doesn't do much to adults until the level gets extremely high.
              There's the whole cancer thing.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                There's the whole cancer thing.
                You will die from many other issues caused by lead before cancer caused by lead will get ya.

Indigo leaches lead out of your body; even from your bones.

Comment

Working...
                X