phone upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone upgrade

im with AT&T and have an upgrade ready. i am wanting to get my wife a new phone since i just got a BB Bold 9700 less then a week ago. i can get a refurbed iphone 3GS for $50. if by chance she doesn't like that phone, it would be mine. what are you guys's thoughts on the 3GS? in September, she gets an upgrade and i will get me a HTC phone.

I was at the AT&T store this evening looking for an upgrade myself. I really wanted to like the 3GS or 4, but hated the touch screen keys for texting. You definitely need to have small fingers in order to text with any accuracy. I am going to pick up the new LG Windows 7 phone with the sliding keyboard tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, if you're a texter, "soft keyboards" suck out loud.

Comment

I've got a 3gs, and that's my only gripe. With that said, it only took me about a day to get used to the on screen keyboard and I've got gorilla hands.

Comment

my wife is gonna think about it, if she decides to take my BB, then im gonna order me the HTC Aria. if she wants the iPhone, then i will get that.

Comment

I'm here to tell ya, the Aria is a NICE phone. It's what I have. I chose it instead of the Galaxy S because it's so frackin huge.

I didn't like the feeling of holding a 4x8 sheet of plywood to my head when on the phone. The Aria is exactly as long and wide as a pack of 100's smokes. That should give you an idea of its size.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              I'm here to tell ya, the Aria is a NICE phone. It's what I have. I chose it instead of the Galaxy S because it's so frackin huge.

I didn't like the feeling of holding a 4x8 sheet of plywood to my head when on the phone. The Aria is exactly as long and wide as a pack of 100's smokes. That should give you an idea of its size.
              did you ever flash a rom you liked?

To the OP, you should convince her to take your BB and get yourself that Aria, the customization of android is great, there is literally nothing you can't do on these android phones.

Comment

Yes, I'm running the FR008 and it's sposta be stable but I'm having issues w/ crashing when trying to view embedded yt vids. Prolly my fault for not doing a full wipe but rather installing over top to keep apps and settings.

Comment

Yes, I'm running the FR008 and it's sposta be stable but I'm having issues w/ crashing when trying to view embedded yt vids. Prolly my fault for not doing a full wipe but rather installing over top to keep apps and settings.
                  try using rom manager to "fix permissions" see if that helps with the fc, also if you used titanium to back up your apps and data you can recover them after flashing/wiping data

Comment

I have the 3GS and love it. I have no problems with texting. The autocorrect fixes most fuck ups you might make. But I had a harder time with my BB then I do on this thing.

Comment

Are you over clocking it any? If so, it may be set to high and is unstable.

Comment

Nope, I refuse to pay.

Imma cheep arse. :blushing:

Comment

i go to walmart this morning, and they are out of the Aria. so, looks like i have to wait till the end of the week for their truck to come in.

Comment

There isn't another Walmart or at&t store around?

Comment

I'm an android fan and all, and I really hate apple, but there's no way I'd get an Aria before an iphone4.
                              Now their Galaxy S version i'd grab, or the Nexus S (if they're getting it too.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X