Garbage disposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage disposal

Might i need a new one? It got stuck so I cleaned it out and had to turn it manually to get it to work again. Now when I flip the switch it makes a rattling noise like somethings in there....but there isn't. It turns just fine but makes that horrible noise. Do things need to be tightened every now and then or something?
    .....bro....

Still could be something in it.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      Still could be something in it.
      I'll keep messing with it but I can't feel or see anything...
      .....bro....

Comment

hit the reset button at the bottom, or put the end of the broomstick in there and move it around it might have something stuck
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Yeah, I would say something is still in there. I typically use the broom stick to get it unstuck. Then get a flashlight and scope things out real good to make sure every thing is gone. Throw some safety glasses on and turn it on and see if you can see anything flying around in there.

Comment

Run it and feed it ice along with all the cold water you can send it.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. I already hit the reset button and turned it manually with an Alan wrench. I've been looking at it with a flash light but don't see anything out of order.....I'll look harder.
              .....bro....

Comment

Motor may just be shot.

Comment

Just get a new one and be done with it. They only cost about $100 bucks at home depot or lowes.

Try to get the same BRAND as the one in your sink now. (They'll mount the same and its an easy swap.

Make sure if you have a dish washer, take the plug out of the side of the new one.... I MADE the mistake of not taking it out ONCE.

Comment

i still cant see anything in there. can i pull it out to get a closer look? will i need to buy something to reinstall it?
                    Last edited by A+; 01-04-2011, 12:58 AM.
                    .....bro....

Comment

i found it! There was a tiny screw stuck between the wall of the GD and the plate that holds the blades. i guess it fell in?

thanks again for yall help.
                      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                        i found it! There was a tiny screw stuck between the wall of the GD and the plate that holds the blades. i guess it fell in?

thanks again for yall help.
                        LMAO, I was gonna say I had one once with a small nail stuck in it like that, but never mind!

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
                          Run it and feed it ice along with all the cold water you can send it.
                          This. I do this every so often as preventative maintenance.
                          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                            This. I do this every so often as preventative maintenance.
                            And throw orange or lemon peels in it to smell better too.

Comment

Working...
                            X