National Association for Gun Rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Association for Gun Rights?

Is anyone on here an NAGR member? I've never heard of them, but I got a strange email from a supposed lawyer associated with them. Here's the letter:

Originally posted by People Who Annoy You

December 31th, 2010

Dear Yale,

I'm very concerned.

Dudley Brown tells me he hasn't yet received your 2011 Membership Renewal with the National Association for Gun Rights.

If you already sent it in the mail, I apologize.

But, if you haven't returned your 2011 Membership Renewal, what are you waiting for?

You see, as an attorney, a gun owner and a former Marine, I understand firsthand the importance of the Second Amendment.

So, a few years ago, when Dudley asked me to serve on the National Association for Gun Rights Board of Directors, I was happy to oblige.

The things I liked about the National Association for Gun Rights back then are still the same things I like today.

They're tough. They're effective. And they don't toss their principles aside for ANY political party.

They're also not about "compromise." They're about WINNING.

But their strength depends on the support of good folks just like you.

So, whenever I hear that a Second Amendment supporter may have decided not to renew their support in the National Association for Gun Rights, I grow more and more troubled.

The truth is, without your 2011 Membership Renewal, the National Association for Gun Rights will have to make some tough choices -- and might even have to cut programs.

I believe that would be a disaster.

The fact is, this next year will be a critical one for the future of our gun rights.

On the one hand, after the results of the 2010 elections, you and I have the opportunity to turn the tables on the gun-grabbers and go on the OFFENSE.

After all, many newly-elected Congressmen and Senators ran on pro-gun platforms and made pro-gun pledges when running for office last year.

It's time for them to KEEP THEIR PROMISES and prove their pro-gun rhetoric was more than just campaign talk

That's why I wholeheartedly support the National Association for Gun Rights' plan to do everything they can to:

*** Repeal or defund the DANGEROUS ID. Now that 25 states have refused to abide by the provisions of DANGEROUS ID, it's time for the next step -- full federal repeal;

*** Rein in the out-of-control BATFE which has seemingly made it its number-one mission to harass gun store owners into shutting their doors and intimidating law-abiding gun owners in recent years;

*** Repeal the so-called "Brady Bill," which will almost certainly be used to create a federal gun registration system if you and I don't start working to repeal the scheme;

*** Continue to fight in the courts to END anti-gun city regulations and intrusive, unconstitutional state and federal gun control laws.
    But of course, that's not all you and I have on our plate.

You see, with President Obama still in the White House and both houses of Congress chockfull of gun-grabbers from BOTH parties, you and I cannot afford to let down our guards.

Especially now.

You see, even after the bloodbath they took in the 2010 elections, the gun-grabbers STILL haven't given up.

In fact, it looks like they're setting the stage for a full-scale assault on our gun rights.

Just in the past few weeks, I've been shocked at the number of "news stories" in several anti-gun papers like the Washington Post, blaming law-abiding American gun owners for Mexican drug violence!

You and I know what's coming next. We certainly can't say we weren't warned!

Of course, probably like you, I've heard some misguided folks saying after the results of the 2010 elections, the worst is over.

So there's no need for action, right? There's no need for vigilance?

I'm sure, like me, there's probably a part of you that would truly love to believe that.

But, unfortunately, these folks are DEAD WRONG.

Even despite the results of the 2010 elections, the gun-grabbers would still love nothing more than to ram through even more anti-gun legislation.

After all, the gun control crowd knows that just because Nancy Pelosi isn't calling the shots in the House any more, that doesn't mean they can't cobble enough anti-gun votes together for a "bipartisan" anti-gun power grab or two!

In fact, the gun-grabbers' top priority -- the U.N.'s so-called "Small Arms Treaty" -- doesn't even need House approval, only Senate ratification.

And they, the old "establishment GOP" still holds tremendous sway.

You know the types -- Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Susan Collins (R-ME), John McCain (R-AZ), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK).

There's simply too many to list.

When the chips are down, the only way Second Amendment supporters get their votes is to turn up the heat.

So, whether it's gun registration and confiscation schemes like H.R. 45 or an outright ban on certain kinds of weapons -- or even classifying gun owners as "domestic terrorists" -- you and I can't afford to take anything for granted.

As Thomas Jefferson said, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

That's exactly what the National Association for Gun Rights is all about.

But, as I told you before, their effectiveness depends on the support of good folks like you.

Their hard-hitting direct mail, up-to-the-minute email alerts and feared TV, radio and newspaper ads when legislative fights reach their climax aren't cheap.

In fact, at times, they can be very expensive.

And it all depends on the support of generous folks like you.

So this year, won't you agree to increase your membership renewal contribution?

Or, if that's simply not possible right now, will you match what you've been able to give in the past?

Of course, whatever you can give is strictly up to you.

I know, especially considering everything Second Amendment supporters are facing right now, any amount will be greatly appreciated -- and put to immediate use.

So please don't lay this letter aside. Please act TODAY!

Sincerely,

David Warrington, Esquire
    Attorney at Law

P.S. I was concerned when Dudley Brown told me you had not yet renewed your membership in the National Association for Gun Rights. I hope you'll renew your membership TODAY!

If your membership renewal and my letter have crossed in the mail, please accept my deepest thanks.

The preceding email message may be confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this message in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy the message.

I don't know this guy, I don't know what NAGR is, and I don't know who Dudley Brown is. Scam? Scamola?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

No such thing as a "former" marine

Comment

I am not a member there but here is their web site. Will snoop around it a bit.

The National Association for Gun Rights has led the charge to halt the radical anti-gun agenda across the nation. Accepting NO COMPROMISE

Comment

You can never trust NAGR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          You can never trust NAGR's.
          I lol'd.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
          X