Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah CHL class at my house, Jan 8th; 12:00noon

What: 4hr Utah CHL class

Where: My house in Haslet; Bonds Ranch Rd & 287, 10 minutes northwest of Cheaper than Dirt

When: Saturday, January 8th. Start time 12noon -1pm.

Cost: •CFP (Concealed Firearm Permit) Class fee is $125 per person.
    •State of Utah CFP application fee is $69.50, payable to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification

Details: There is a 5 person minimum for the instructor to teach the course at my house on Saturday. Obviously the more the merrier and I can already count for 2 (my wife and I) of the 5. By hosting a class of 5 I stand nothing to gain outside of any of the attendees nor do I wish to either. If I can get 3 members here to comitt and paypal me their fee of $125 I will book the instructor and pay him upfront to lock us in.

The class is tought by Marjorie & Daniel Potts from www.safegunacademy.com. That is right, the lead instructor is a female. That could be a big selling factor to our wifes for both husband and wife attendence. Just because you go through the course and file with Utah does not meen you have to carry but the option is now YOURS.

Utah CFP vs In State Texas CHL
    Utah app fee $69.50 vs TX $140.0
    Utah class 4hrs vs TX 10hrs
    Utah is valid 5yrs vs TX 4yrs
    Utah renewel is $10.00 vs TX $70.00
    Utah does NOT require a renewel class vs TX who does
    Utah does NOT require you to qualify with at a range vs TX who does

Required for the class
    •Application for Concealed Firearm Permit (provided – no extra charge)
    •Fingerprinting (provided – no extra charge)
    •Photograph (provided – no extra charge)
    •Notary (provided – no extra charge)
    •Driver’s License and/or Identification Card

The class will be in just before the start of the AR15/DFWMustangs Armory build party/GTG/BBQ. So come for the class and stay for the GTG.

If you are intrested please post up here and send me a PM so we can discuss paypal off line. I would like to book them by Tuesday the 4th.

-Keith
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Wow no interest. Guess i will have to take the TX CHL on Jan 13 then.

Comment

If I didn't already have my CHL, I'd be there. I wasn't aware of the differences when I got mine...

Comment

So can I carry in Texas using this? What is the crossover?

Comment

Damnit,

I am doing my best to make the build party but promised my folks I would cut up a few trees on their land friday and now I see this. I've been researching the UTAH CHL for a while.

Comment

I would love too but dont have the cash until the middle of the month.

<==== been wanting a CHL for years, just reluctant to get into something I know nothing about.
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
              I would love too but dont have the cash until the middle of the month.

<==== been wanting a CHL for years, just reluctant to get into something I know nothing about.
              You can always take the course first $125 then mail the rest off at a later date.

Comment

Interesting. I took my UTAH CHL class a few months back. Looks like a few things have changed in a short period of time.

For me it was this.............

Little over 4 hour class time. Fingerprinting was done in class. A Passport photo with your name printed on the back is the only thing UTAH BCI will accept and that was not included in class. They will not accept a regular photo outside of a Passport photo. If you send in a Polaroid or some non-sense, you will get rejected. Class completion form signed by Instructor. A Photocopy of your DL. The class fee was $100. The paper work processing fee was $65.25 And there was no notary requirements for anything. Then you mail all that off with Return Receipt.
                Last edited by LS1Goat; 01-04-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I would be interested, but its like 2 months too early for me.
                  Ded

Comment

Keith, Thouth you'd wanna see this thread. Something to think about before you get a Utah permit.

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Taken from that thread: " Your friend may want to wait until the Legislative session ends. A bill has been filed that would cause a Texas resident to only be lawful with carry on a Texas license., If it passes your buddy will be out the cost of his class and the license if he does the Utah thing. "

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner View Post
                      Keith, Thouth you'd wanna see this thread. Something to think about before you get a Utah permit.

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Taken from that thread: " Your friend may want to wait until the Legislative session ends. A bill has been filed that would cause a Texas resident to only be lawful with carry on a Texas license., If it passes your buddy will be out the cost of his class and the license if he does the Utah thing. "
                      Yea, we talked about that in class. It would be grandfathered in most likely. And the State Attorney General and the Governor have the final say on reciprocity. Rick Perry put his signature on it and fully supports it, at least publicly. It's unlikely that any of us that already have Utah Non-Resident CHL under the current reciprocity laws would be liable for prosecution for concealed carry in the state of Texas, even if the law was codified. There may be a chance this option may not be on the table down the road, but right now it's legal. And the statement in your post contains a lot of "if's".

Feel free to contact any UTAH BCI instructor if you have any questions or concerns. Don't let hearsay scare people away from taking this course without being fully educated on the subject. It's a good course and you learn more than you would expect from a shorter class time. Find a good instructor with a lot of experience, like Brad Brasuell, who previously taught Texas CHL prior to becoming a UTAH BCI Instructor.
                      Last edited by LS1Goat; 01-08-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X