Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 svo 2.3t

Here is one of my last dyno charts...

Here is a cool Dyno chart that showed my progress over the course of a year.. All dyno runs were done at HPP.

NICE!!!

I love the little lima 4 poppers

mod list?
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      NICE!!!

I love the little lima 4 poppers

mod list?
      Oh i guess i should put down the mods...

Let me see if i can remember that far back..

Boport STG3 head (ported, polished, Big valves etc etc etc)
      Cams in the first dyno were the Essy 2277 turbo cam, and Boports Stg3 Turbo cam
      Custom intercooler setup
      Fully gutted upper intake, with knife edge and ported lower intake
      SC50 precision turbo 26-28 psi on most days..
      Stock short block with ARP rod bolts and Head studs.
      Stock 8993 Head Gasket (re-trq re-trq re-trq)
      Motion Dynamics Equal length header (no longer in production)
      40Bobs 3" exhasut elbow
      3" Down pipe with ypipe and 2.5 duals... magnaflow mufflers
      65 lbs injectors
      255 fuel pump
      Stock PE ECM with MAF conversion and FREAKING MONTHS OF TUNING...
      Lots of Torco fuel additive..

Lots of time was spent correcting previous owners mistakes...

In the end all worth it.

Comment

Wait till i get the new engine finished.

Essy Aluminum SVO head
        STg 4 cam from Boport
        Boport port and polish work for the new head.
        New Precision 6765 turbo.
        New Boport Header

Some kind of Automatic trans, i haven't decided which way to go yet.
        basically all new driveline.

the SVo will be Damn nice once i'm finish.... just need some time to work on it..

Comment

God iv always wanted a SVO. Someday I hope to get one...
          That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

It is a Love/Hate relationship.

I think (hope) this go around i can make the car even more drivable, as well as hi powered (relatively speaking) and reliable..

actually my SVO was setup nicely. i just couldn't stop modding it. Which led to pop Head gaskets and many hours in the garage fixing said HG.

I mpg were OK..22-24 on the hwy if i could keep my foot out of it... 8-10 mpg driving it like i stole it... (which was often)

Comment

Ya me and my SHO are the same way. Very love hate.....
              That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

Want to sell that boport head. Do you still have the 1.5 cam or the 50 trim.

I spent a lot of time on mine as well, don svo head, 50 trim, 80mm maf, QH, and a stupid a237 cam made 330 whp on 24lbs until a dill hole pulled out in front of me and screwed the car. Now its on to a capri rs. Been waiting on a 1.5 cam but bo has been out of stock for awhile.
                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Finally, some SVO people...

I'm afraid to (drive-on) dyno mine. I feel sure one of the three weak links will surface - clutch, trans, or that stock weak-ass 7.5 rear. Those are three of the next projects.

Mods:
                  Cone K&N
                  Ceramic ball bearing T3/T4
                  Esslinger alum head w/ the works
                  Esslinger roller
                  255 lph pump
                  Ported ceramic E6
                  Bypass
                  3" downpipe

Stock:
                  PE computer
                  Injector
                  VAM

It made 389hp before the t3/t4, bypass, and new exhaust man. Has been sitting for 2 years bc back surgery and new house.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

that thing made 389 on stock injector/vam...i guess leaner is meaner right

i made 330 with 52lb/hr injectors with not much more left in the fuel system.
                    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

the 7.5 isn't that weak... especially if you're not launching it w/ stickies
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                        that thing made 389 on stock injector/vam...i guess leaner is meaner right

i made 330 with 52lb/hr injectors with not much more left in the fuel system.
                        It wasn't a bit lean, ran the exact stoichiometry as it did stock. I believe the injectors will supply way more than many think. I remember finding a site that showed they were capable of more than 400 hp before running above the 90% duty cycle, but it has been some time since I looked at that. (Maybe bad memory)

On mustangsvo.org, almost everyone follows the same argument, that you need bigger injectors to pass 325 hp, but I can assure you that's not the case.

Is your 330 at the flywheel or wheels? If it's at the wheels, that not much different than mine. Mine was like 344 at the wheels, translated at the same 11.5% loss to drivetrain = 389 at the flywheel.

How did you determine that there was "not much left in the fuel system"?

Not trying to start a fight, just curious.
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          the 7.5 isn't that weak... especially if you're not launching it w/ stickies
                          I remember readin about many people breaking their 7.5 with mild 2.3t's, making 250-275 hp and only using small slicks. I'm assuming strapping mine down on a dyno would accomplish the same thing by removing tire slippage, and I think it makes enough power to break the 7.5 easily. I know it makes enough to break the stock t5 and currently it can make the new clutch slip easily.

More stuff to upgrade...
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Cute.

Hurry up and get the new setup done man!

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              I remember readin about many people breaking their 7.5 with mild 2.3t's, making 250-275 hp and only using small slicks. I'm assuming strapping mine down on a dyno would accomplish the same thing by removing tire slippage, and I think it makes enough power to break the 7.5 easily. I know it makes enough to break the stock t5 and currently it can make the new clutch slip easily.

More stuff to upgrade...
                              If you were trying to find out your drag times on the dyno, then you might have an issue. It's the dead hook launch that kills them.

On a dyno, you will be rolling into the power with the gears already meshed.

The likelihood of blowing up a good rear end on the dyno is very slim. If your rear end is already clunking, then it needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Comment

Working...
                              X