NASA Comp License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Comp License

I am planing on doing most/all of the NASA TX tour this year, I am looking at getting my comp license to run CMC, I don't have a CMC car yet, just my shitty miata, I am currently running in the HPDE3 group and I have consistently been the fastest guy in my group. Does anyone have any advice on getting my comp license with my situation? I thought about doing time trials but my car is F'd as far as classing goes, it's not competitive, but maybe this is a good path to follow? I plan on running CMC late next year or 2014.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

PM Aggie97. Probably your best resource.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
      PM Aggie97. Probably your best resource.
      I am hoping he will post up, share the info in case anyone else may be interested.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'd hit up the NASA forums... Getting your W2W license is harder than a TT license.

Comment

I am not certain of current time trial license but I know its an open passing class and if you can get into HPDE4 with your current car, you are probably good to go. W2w is basically achieving HPDE4 and showing up with a race ready and legal race car. CMC group is a little lax in that they accept many levels of skill to start their provisional license program here in TX. My bet is if you tell the chief driving instructor your intent is to
          w2w and you have a CmC car ready to go, they will sign off on your provisional license application.

at that point, show up with a cmc car and grid at the back of the pack for 4 races without incident and voila, you are a licensed race car driver.

There is a "path" in the CCR's but each driver is different based on skill and a race group's willingness to increase car count and get you hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            I am not certain of current time trial license but I know its an open passing class and if you can get into HPDE4 with your current car, you are probably good to go. W2w is basically achieving HPDE4 and showing up with a race ready and legal race car. CMC group is a little lax in that they accept many levels of skill to start their provisional license program here in TX. My bet is if you tell the chief driving instructor your intent is to
            w2w and you have a CmC car ready to go, they will sign off on your provisional license application.

at that point, show up with a cmc car and grid at the back of the pack for 4 races without incident and voila, you are a licensed race car driver.

There is a "path" in the CCR's but each driver is different based on skill and a race group's willingness to increase car count and get you hooked.
            Good deal, thanks for the info.

Comment

There are a great bunch of guys at NASA and they will be very helpful to you for getting your comp license. I've been out for a couple of years but am planning on bringing my AI car back next year. NASA was very helpful with renewing my credentials and would like to increase the car count. See you at the track!

Comment

Working...
              X