Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in Fort Worth area that does VCR to DVD conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Fort Worth area that does VCR to DVD conversion?

I am looking for someone who can do VCR tape to DVD conversion and edit out the commercials. I have a recording of a story done by Discovery Channel about my grandfather in WW2. We recorded it back in about 1999 or 2000 and I want to convert it so I can give to other family members for Christmas. It was a series called GI Diary on the Discovery Channel, and I tried to find if I can buy from Discovery but they do not have in purchase library. I am wiling to pay for the hours worked and the costs of the DVDs. I would like to burn about 7 or 8 of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a vhs/dvd burner and would be happy to convert it for you, my editing software leaves much to be desired as far as editing the commercials out (somehow it messes up the sound as far as keeping it in sync) but I'd be happy to try it. If your interested let me know and I'll pm you my number, I'm about an hour drive nw of FW. I'm not interested in any money if you provide the dvds.

Comment

If Zippo is unable to do it there is a new shop that opened called Lonestar that is located on the traffic circle between hwy 80 and hwy 377 in west fort worth/benbrook that does this.

Comment

I can do it. As far as editing out commercials, I would simply pause it at the commercials and restart after. However, that would take constant monitoring on my part and would cost a little more. If you want to do a straight conversion with the commercials, it will be cheaper.

The dvds would be in Mpeg-2 format.

shoot me a PM if you're interested.

EDIT/ I'm not in the Ft.worth area.
        Last edited by Txstang1; 12-01-2012, 11:28 AM.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Zippo View Post
          I have a vhs/dvd burner and would be happy to convert it for you, my editing software leaves much to be desired as far as editing the commercials out (somehow it messes up the sound as far as keeping it in sync) but I'd be happy to try it. If your interested let me know and I'll pm you my number, I'm about an hour drive nw of FW. I'm not interested in any money if you provide the dvds.
          That's a really nice jester

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            That's a really nice jester
            Thanks! I think what he wants to do for his family for Christmas is a cool idea. I know I'd appreciate it if someone offered so I figured I'd offer

Comment

Originally posted by Zippo View Post
              Thanks Zippo, if what I am going to try does not work this week I will get with you next weekend.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Ric91stang View Post
                Thanks Zippo, if what I am going to try does not work this week I will get with you next weekend.

Rick
                No problem just let me know

Comment

Working...
                X