Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Drz400sm - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drz400sm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drz400sm

My buddy (Glasshouse on here) found a smoking deal on this '05 DRZ400SM with less than 850 miles on it. He decided he wanted another dirtbike and is making me a smoking deal on the DRZ. I've always wanted a supermoto, and while a DRZ isn't my ideal bike, it'll do for now.

I adjusted the suspension for my weight and riding style, put on some MSR bars (black) and put air back in the tires (they were around 8lbs...been sitting for a while) and took it out for a ride. It could certainly use more power, but if the DRZ responds as well to pipe/jets/cdi upgrades as my 230F did, I'll be content. Glasshouse had conducted a little surgery on the plastics, trimming them down for a more sleek/aggressive look. I love the results...a huge improvement over stock IMO. The pipe does stick out a bit far, but an aftermarket yosh cf pipe will look just right.

I've only ridden it once, but already can tell that it's going to be a ton of fun.

Needs a stainless steal line and rotor/caliper upgrade, but the stock stuff works too.

Comment

Pow Pow

Comment

suitable. brrrapp!

Comment

cool little bike, LMK when you decide to upgrade to the KTM SM. i might be interested in the Zuk. it will go with my LTZ400 nicely.
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

i need to sell my stuntbike and pick up a supermoto.

Comment

I have a cousin with a DRZ400sm and he seems to like it a lot and I have an "S" version that I enjoy. Someday I hope to find a spare set of rims to mount some street tires on it. It aint terribly fast but it has little trouble keeping up with freeway traffic and will go an honest 100 mph. Oh and they get about 70-80mpg.

Comment

I like it!! Not sure I would dig one on the street though. I rode on of the KTM's for a guy home after he broke his leg turning a corner. It was cool but I just kept wanting to pull off the road into random fields. LOL
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

those are pretty cool

Comment

Shit, I've thought that if I get rid of the R1 i'd like to pick up a Supermoto type bike. I just think they'd be a blast..
                    2007 R1 Lots of mods-sold, 2006 GSXR 1000

Comment

I've only put around 50 miles on it so far, but it's been a blast to ride. It's not the lightest Supermoto out there, but it's still a ton of fun.

I may upgrade next year, but I'm going to get this thing set up the way I want and enjoy riding it for a while.

Been out of town for a while and can't wait to get back home to ride...wait for the snow to melt.

The only thing I'm a little nervous about is how much trouble this thing might get me in. I've done a good job of staying away from the cops lately, but this thing has some bad habits resurfacing. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                        I've only put around 50 miles on it so far, but it's been a blast to ride. It's not the lightest Supermoto out there, but it's still a ton of fun.

I may upgrade next year, but I'm going to get this thing set up the way I want and enjoy riding it for a while.

Been out of town for a while and can't wait to get back home to ride...wait for the snow to melt.

The only thing I'm a little nervous about is how much trouble this thing might get me in. I've done a good job of staying away from the cops lately, but this thing has some bad habits resurfacing. Oh well.
                        Let me know when your ready to sell. I can give you $200 dollars if you can hold on to it for me for 18 months.

Comment

Well, after the mods I've got planned, I don't even know if I'm going to want to sell it!

So far, I've only swapped out the bars to a set of black MSR mid-rise (w/ pillow top grips) and swapped out the front fender for an Acerbis supermoto unit. It already looks better, but here is the list of planned mods:

Parts already purchased...waiting on them to come in the mail
                          - Front and rear stainless steel brake lines w/ gold housing
                          - + 2 rear sprocket (black)
                          - Jet kit
                          - shortened stock exhaust can w/ baffle removed (gold tip going on can)
                          - front wave brake rotor (w/ gold carrier)
                          - RMZ 450 radial master cylinder

Planned mods.
                          - powdercoat stock hubs gold w/ polished spokes and black rims
                          - powdercoat stock swingarm black
                          - ASV shorty levers (gold)
                          - gold chain
                          - axle sliders (black)
                          - rear wave brake rotor
                          - Moose "species" headlight (black)

Gonna be sick when it's done. I may do some other small misc parts in black or gold (chain guide, rearsets, etc...) but don't want to overdo it

Going to be needing new tires real soon too. The stockers are over 6yrs old and I'm going to want something sticky up front and hard out back (I like stoppies and burnouts equally). Will probably go with more sportbike oriented tires as opposed to the true supermoto tires...just cause I like em better. A 120/70 should work up front with a 160/55 out back, so there should be plenty of options out there (same size as SV650, I believe).

I won't be putting this thing up for sale anytime soon though. I'm all smiles when I'm on this thing, and it's going to just get better and better with more seat time and mods.
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

pretty fucking awesome , not top of the list for tards' but id take it too!

Comment

Working...
                            X