• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel-Tec KSG 12 gauge

Kel-Tec KSG bullpup Shotgun
    -Available 2011
    -MSRP not yet set, but certainly under $1k
    -Yes, it's civilian legal (18.5" barrel, 26" OAL), identical size to the RFB, just a little wider.
    -Cylinder bore 12 gage-2.75". 14+1 rounds.
    -manually switched dual-tube mag (7 rounds each mag), switch is behind the grip, at the front of the loading/ejection opening. Switch can be centered to un-chamber a round without re-chambering.
    -bottom ejecting and loading

Questions answered:
    -What happens when one tube is empty, does it automatically switch to the other?
    No auto switching, you have to manually switch when one tube is empty.

-Why pump, and not semi-auto?
    This is Kel-Tec's first shotgun, it makes sense to start with a pump first. Most semi-auto designs started as pumps. A pump is also legal in California and many other states that have gun bans.

-Can it accept chokes?
    no, not currently. but barrels can be changed fairly easily, so perhaps in the future.

-How do you load each tube?
    similar to other shotguns, but to make it easier, you can use gravity to help. If you want to load the right tube, switch the selector to the right, point the gun down and tilt it to the right. This makes the shells naturally point towards the right mag tube. Then just push each round in the tube until it clicks past the stop. With a little practice, you can do it without looking. To load the Left tube, move the switch to the left and tilt the gun to the let and load.

Description of design/controls:
    -Square button above trigger guard is the safety (cross-bolt style)
    -Lever n Front of the trigger guard is the pump latch. pull down to unlock and allow un-chambering or cycling without dropping the hammer (dropping the hammer automatically unlocks the pump in order the chamber the next round)
    -Lever at front end of the ejection/loading port is the magazine selector. Left/Center/Right. Center position blocks both mags so you can un-chamber a round and not chamber a new one.
    -2 assembly pins hold the grip on, they are retained by a spring clip in the pin. when they are removed they can be stored in the 2 holes in the grip.
    -bolt is locked with a toggle-lock into the barrel extension. ejection/feeding is also similar to most shotguns with a fork like elevator/ejector
    -carrier is attached to the pump via dual action rods

Comment

Pretty sweet. I like keltecs out of the box thinking. And their lifetime warranty.
      IMG_0424

Comment

14+1, damn. I may have to order one of these, that could come in handy against the zombies. I have been on a waiting list for the PMR-30 for a few weeks already, should be here by the end of the month.
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

That is one kel-tec I would love to own
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I must admit. Kel-tec appears to be stepping their game up. I bet that angled fore grip magpul sells would be great on it.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I would rock the hell out of that.

Love my PMR-30, but the rear sight fell off. I will see how kel tec responds to my request for a new one.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I've been sitting on my hands waiting to make a decent firearm purchase. I'd consider picking one of these up if it pops in around $500-600.
                Last edited by Slowhand; 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
                  Kel-Tec KSG bullpup Shotgun
                  -Available 2011
                  -MSRP not yet set, but certainly under $1k
                  -Yes, it's civilian legal (18.5" barrel, 26" OAL), identical size to the RFB, just a little wider.
                  -Cylinder bore 12 gage-2.75". 14+1 rounds.
                  -manually switched dual-tube mag (7 rounds each mag), switch is behind the grip, at the front of the loading/ejection opening. Switch can be centered to un-chamber a round without re-chambering.
                  -bottom ejecting and loading

I wonder where the barrel starts. That does not look like a legal barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Id bet it starts 18.5" from where it finishes.

Comment

A shotgun with a 1 inch barrel would not be illegal, at least in Texas.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Just guessing from the pictures, it looks like probably right above there "patents pending" is stamped on the right hand side, behind the grip.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

It's a bullpup.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            I must admit. Kel-tec appears to be stepping their game up. I bet that angled fore grip magpul sells would be great on it.
                            Good call. The AFG would provide a good amount of purchase on the pump handle.

Comment

follow the barrel back past the hand grip 2-3 inches you can see the transition

Comment

Working...
                              X