X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Racing is this.

It looks fun.

Autocross / time trials
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Autocross / time trials
      Is this a trophy style racing or are their payouts? Having a hard time finding information on the NASA & SCCA websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickwindsor View Post
        Is this a trophy style racing or are their payouts? Having a hard time finding information on the NASA & SCCA websites.
        I'll let someone who has actually done it and is more familiar with it answer that. I can't say for sure.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

This looks even more fun.

Comment

Come out to the ECR toy run in a week, $50 and you can do it too.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

There is an autocross event at Texas Motor Speedway tomorrow (Sunday) morning. If you have never done it before, get there at 7:00AM to register and go through all the safety B.S. I will be there. I have never done it myself, but since it is for charity it is the perfect time for beginners to jump in.

Comment

Correction... the autocross event at Texas Motor Speedway appears to be for Porsches only

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
                  Correction... the autocross event at Texas Motor Speedway appears to be for Porsches only
                  I doubt it, if it's run by PCA they accept all cars.
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Interesting

Comment

at the 6:00 mark I was waiting for the mistake to happen...brakes were already toast. Lots of car for 11" brakes to stop. Sort of puckered a few times watching him dive in on someone after already losing the brakes once. too aggressive and used up the car pretty hard.

Comment

Wasn't his fault for losing it. Guy in front of him almost had a mustang for a hemroid cushion...

It's a repost, but damn i love the sound of that old car!
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          Wasn't his fault for losing it. Guy in front of him almost had a mustang for a hemroid cushion...
                          totally his fault. He overdrove the car and used up the brakes/tires in just 3 laps. Lightweight cobra still had brakes and tires under him. You can see that he was on the brakes going into that turn and Nadda. He barely slowed because the brakes faded pretty bad, but did drive it off straight. The issue I have with it is he knew the brakes were toast and then went back on track and tried pushing through the back markers which used the brakes even harder. Trust me, I know what brake fade LOOKS like and sadly, feels like. It sucks.

I didn't watch the last 4 minutes of the video just in case I had to see some nice old cars get bent up.

Those cars are usually 3200lbs and 500+ hp...not a good combo for tiny brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

I didn't watch the last 4 minutes of the video just in case I had to see some nice old cars get bent up.

Those cars are usually 3200lbs and 500+ hp...not a good combo for tiny brakes.
                            The last 5 minutes of the video are actually really good. He seems like a good driver.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Talk to Downs he does auto cross.

Comment

Working...
                              X