Employees get a 2% raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees get a 2% raise

if you pay FICA on the first $106,800. FICA tax drops for the employee from 6.2% to 4.2% for 2011. Ok, not a raise you just get to keep 2% of what is rightfully yours.

I'll have to tell my employees they'll be getting no company raise this year because the Feds are giving them one. Just kidding.
    Originally posted by Denny
    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Is the medicare portion going up? I heard it was but can't find anything to confirm.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I'd have rather kept getting the "Making Work Pay" credit for several more years, even though it would have been less $$ to me in the 2011 tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Is the medicare portion going up? I heard it was but can't find anything to confirm.
        No, still 1.45%.

In 2011, the Medicare tax rate is 1.45% each for employers and employees, unchanged from2010. There is no wage base limit for Medicare tax.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
          No, still 1.45%.
          Damn, I gonna make it RAIN now with all those Obama bucks I be gettin
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Damn, I gonna make it RAIN now with all those Obama bucks I be gettin
            Heck yea! The extra $200 a month for me will probably go directly to the oil companies when gas hits $5.00 a gallon.

Comment

What? I get more money for doing nothing different? SWEEEET!!

Comment

Heck yea! The extra $200 a month for me will probably go directly to the oil companies when gas hits $5.00 a gallon.
                01WHITECOBRA says: "You should hedge that by doing a put call margin contract derivative kitchen sink trade against a dollar leveraged euro hedged triple lindie fund with sinking dividend reimbursements every fifth Tuesday"

Comment

Or go to the craps tables

Comment

01WHITECOBRA says: "You should hedge that by doing a put call margin contract derivative kitchen sink trade against a dollar leveraged euro hedged triple lindie fund with sinking dividend reimbursements every fifth Tuesday"
                    Lmmfao!

Comment

You are finally learning!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's real trade: Long XLF Jan 12 11 calls selling the Sept 11 15 calls for a net debit of 3.40. Almost 10% downside protection and a return rate of around 18% for 28% realized return. Whoo hoo.

Comment

You are finally learning!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's real trade: Long XLF Jan 12 11 calls selling the Sept 11 15 calls for a net debit of 3.40. Almost 10% downside protection and a return rate of around 18% for 28% realized return. Whoo hoo.
                        It makes my head hurt even trying to think of what the implications are on that position.

Comment

No raise for me since I don't pay social security. I guess I shouldn't complain though.

Comment

lmgdao

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                              No raise for me since I don't pay social security. I guess I shouldn't complain though.
                              SS...FICA...whatevz...
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X