The Fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fighter

Pretty good movie, not at all what I was expecting. The story focused more on his brother, who is a crackhead, than boxing.

I usually cannot stand Christian Bale, but I must say he did a great job in this movie. And damn he lost a lot of weight for the role.

I was expecting the usual Rocky type theme, but was pleasantly surprised with the story and acting.

Watched it Saturday night. Very good movie. I like Chritian Bale though. The guy will really sacrifice himself physically to totally embrace his role. If you haven't seen The Machinist, he drops down to I think 120-140lbs, and that's the role he had before Batman Begins.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
      Watched it Saturday night. Very good movie. I like Chritian Bale though. The guy will really sacrifice himself physically to totally embrace his role. If you haven't seen The Machinist, he drops down to I think 120-140lbs, and that's the role he had before Batman Begins.
      My buddy was telling me about The Machinist, I'll check it out.

I really liked Bale in Batman Begins, loved that movie. But his stupid Batman voice in The Dark Knight turned me off, and I blame him for ruining the Terminator series. He was originally supposed to play the Terminator, then insisted on playing John Connor which lead to a lot of shit having to be re-written in the script. I think he single handedly caused that movie to suck ass.

Comment

I thought he was Batman in Terminator Salvation.

I don't know about him destroying the movie, but the movie did suck ass from all the plot holes.

I still don't understand how the machines knew to kill Kyle Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post

I really liked Bale in Batman Begins, loved that movie. But his stupid Batman voice in The Dark Knight turned me off, and I blame him for ruining the Terminator series. He was originally supposed to play the Terminator, then insisted on playing John Connor which lead to a lot of shit having to be re-written in the script. I think he single handedly caused that movie to suck ass.

Comment

McG single handedly fucked that movie up for putting up with his crap, and hiring a shitty DP, and not knowing the difference between good writing and bad. If you don't know him, McG is the clown responsible for the Charlie's Angels movies.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              I could totally kick Batman's ass.

Comment

I checked out The Machinist, good movie. I think Bale did a great job, and must have starved himself for months. Holy shit he was skinny.

Comment

I checked out The Machinist, good movie. I think Bale did a great job, and must have starved himself for months. Holy shit he was skinny.
                  The guy is an asshole to the max, but goddamn is he a good actor.

Comment

I guess I am odd man out. I did not like it. But it was probably due to all the obnoxious yelling from all the women on there.

Comment

The wife and I saw it saturday night. I thought it was pretty damn good. Oh and the new ( to me at least) theatre suites at AMC grapvine mills are the shit. Full on electric leather recliners that lay all the way back FTW. The theatre only holds like 32 and they have food and drink service like studio movie grill. Food was okay, nothing to rave about, service was pretty good and the overall experience was great. 18 and up age limit took care of all the teenagers too.

Comment

Working...
                      X