Speer bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speer bullets

Anyone load any of their rifle bullets? I've been looking at their DeepCurl bullet line for my 243, mainly their 80gr offering. I want a well constructed bullet ( Preferably bonded) but light enough I can achieve a decent velocity out of an 18.5" barrel.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Originally posted by dee View Post
    Anyone load any of their rifle bullets? I've been looking at their DeepCurl bullet line for my 243, mainly their 80gr offering. I want a well constructed bullet ( Preferably bonded) but light enough I can achieve a decent velocity out of an 18.5" barrel.
    I've used speer in their lighter grain .30 cal bullets. They always shot well, and they expanded well as well. Most of what I buy from them are round noise soft points.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I like that these are a protected point, it's always been an irritant to me when the points get deformed. It's the very reason I have switched from partitions to other options.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        I like that these are a protected point, it's always been an irritant to me when the points get deformed. It's the very reason I have switched from partitions to other options.
        A deformed spire point is the best way to completely fuck accuracy. I've never been a fan of them either - especially in semi autos. They smack the ramp and who knows if the point is f'ed, you never see it.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Heavy recoiling magnums are just as bad.

Comment

Working...
          X