New Bolt Gun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bolt Gun!!

My barreled action finally got here today! So I picked it up and got to working to get it all together. Sorry no progress pics. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about everyone that I dealt with for this build. Here is a list of the goods and where I got them:

Barrel was purchased from Greg Young at bugholes.com. I took a leap of faith with this barrel maker as this was his first year of production under his own name. The barrel is a mullerworks. I'll update this or create another thread when I shoot it.

Chassis is an AICS purchased from the folks at Mile High Shooting Accessories. As was the SAS T.O.M.B. Brake.

Action is a SS Rem 700 action, that was trued by Russell at Scout Supply Company. He built the entire barreled action. It is chambered in 260 remington. It has a jewell trigger set at a crisp 1.5 lbs. The rail was bedded by him also, it's a LaRue. He threw in a badger bolt knob and duracoated it too.

It's got the coyote viperskins on it, and the grippy cheek rest. Michael was great to deal with to say the least. I'm digging the skins too.

Optics setup is a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 with the mildot reticle. I'm running nightforce rings as well.

I can't wait to get my load worked up for this. For the time being I'll be running Norma brass and 139 gr scenars.

Fitting the chassis was a pain, but it turned out good. Just FYI, an AICS doesn't fit a jewell trigger without modification. Excuse my bad pics, but let me know what you think.

Last edited by slowyellow; 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Looks nice.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thanks man, I forgot to add that Chris from Alpha mags sent me a couple of type 2 mags.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

That is pure sex

Comment

That is one fugly gun.

I'll give you $20 and a Whataburger for it!

Comment

I'll give you $20, whataburger, and Matt here will suck your dick.

Comment

If you are talking about an entire Whataburger franchise... I'm down. And hell, it's been like 6 years since I've had a whataburger so I might go for just a burger!
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Oh, and I almost forgot, the bipod is an Atlas with the spigot attachment.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Nice..

I got a new bolt gun too. A camo Mossberg 100ATR in 270. Nothing special but I won it last weekend off a $5 raffle ticket.
                  You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                    Nice..

I got a new bolt gun too. A camo Mossberg 100ATR in 270. Nothing special but I won it last weekend off a $5 raffle ticket.
                    Can't beat that man.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                      Can't beat that man.
                      Trade ya? lol

Was a squadron raffle to raise funds. We've had a lot of retirement parties this year and it has depleted our funds. I don't need or want it so i'm donating it back to be raffled off again.

Damn nice rifle you got there, you got some money tied up in it.
                      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                        Trade ya? lol

Was a squadron raffle to raise funds. We've had a lot of retirement parties this year and it has depleted our funds. I don't need or want it so i'm donating it back to be raffled off again.

Damn nice rifle you got there, you got some money tied up in it.
                        Thanks man. And there are a couple of bucks in this thing. But it should shoot 1/4 MOA all day long. I'm pretty excited to get it up and running.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

What brake is that? Looks kinda like a QD point for a can.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                            What brake is that? Looks kinda like a QD point for a can.
                            He said it was an SAS brake.

I assume you're going to put an arbiter on there? Very nice. I like it. Super sexy and I bet it will shoot awesome.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That thing is fucking BAD!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X