Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad things to look out for with reloading equipment

guys i want some gotcha's here.

like say if I buy a used press, what do i look out for thats bad or out dated methods

I don't need long posts telling me everything , I'll learn as I go.

Just trying to avoid stupid mistakes

going to reload 9mm , 45acp, 762x39, and 308/762x51

kind of pointing myself towards a single stage turret design , quality brand, with the ability to always get quality parts.
    NOT OPPOSED TO JUST BUYING A PRESS KIT NEW if you think that's just plain easier.

maybe it would help me to get a list of everything i need together to get started besides the brass,primers,powder and bullets obviously....

I mainly just don't want ANY freakin problems
    even considering buying new brass, or once fired if it's not too hard to find.
    cause a lot of my ammo is currently steel cased.

THANKS!

it really has not changed over the years.

There was a really good sale going on for the rcbs kit a while back.

Comment

They've gone up but I think the lee anniversary kit is still under a c-note brand new. I would use that as a yardstick for anything you are buying used. Although I'm not sure what the max OAL it will handle is, but I'm pretty sure it will load 30-06.

Also on lee precision's site they sell factory blems, I think you can get that press alone for $25 right now. I actually picked up anniversary kits that way for $40 several years ago, kept one gave the others away as gifts. They had 4 in stock so I got all 4.

As far as gotchas, the powder throw and the priming tool are the biggest headaches. I prefer an RCBS hand primer personally, and for throws I've found that the lee really works best with the dots (re7, red, blue, green, unique, etc) while the redding really worked well with the fine stuff like AA9.

Comment

Working...
      X