Overeem/Werdum rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overeem/Werdum rematch

Didn't see this posted yet. Steve!!!! you're slacking!

StrikeForce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem has signed for his next cage fight in the United States, and his opponent is no stranger.

With Josh and Reem's potential issues with the domestic drug testing and M1's constant meddling, this 8 man tournament could take forever to complete.

I would have liked for Fedor to get another crack at Werdum before getting to Alistar, but at least there will be a few decent matchups. They probably could have saved a round and went with a 4 man tourney. Its not like AA, Bret Rogers, Bigfoot or Sergei Kharitonov actually have a shot at winning this thing. I'll take the extra fights as long as they can get this thing wrapped up before I die of old age.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
      Didn't see this posted yet. Steve!!!! you're slacking!

http://fighthype.com/pages/content9101.html

LOL, I didn't bother because most of the TUF noobs around here don't know who Alistar is.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        LOL, I didn't bother because most of the TUF noobs around here don't know who Alistar is.

AH, i see lol

Comment

I just read another article on the tourney, and it said that the HW title would be on the line all the way through, and all of those fights would be 5 rounders...

I don't know that any of Reems fights are going past the 1st round anyway, but if they did all go 5, its kind of unfair to him. I'm not liking the bracket either...

Comment

Looks like Overeem and Barnett are on a collision course to me.

Comment

Looks like Overeem and Barnett are on a collision course to me.

You heard it hear first folks, Steve predicts Silva to beat Fedor!!

Comment

You heard it hear first folks, Steve predicts Silva to beat Fedor!!
                I didn't say that, Overeem will beat Fedor, not Silva. Smart ass. lol.

Comment

I didn't say that, Overeem will beat Fedor, not Silva. Smart ass. lol.
                  I couldn't help myself

Comment

Was watching HDnet and didn't realize Overeem won the K1 grand prix in only his second year in fighting K1, pretty impressive. Also saw where he destroyed Duffy. Was that K1 and mma fight on back to back nights?

Comment

Overeem's title is also NOT up for grabs during this tournament which is abit strange. Not that is matters, the only threat to his title in this tournament is Barnett and I doubt he will stay healthy through this.

Comment

Overeem's title is also NOT up for grabs during this tournament which is abit strange. Not that is matters, the only threat to his title in this tournament is Barnett and I doubt he will stay healthy through this.

So you've given up on Fedor all together? Or just with Overeem?

Comment

And for some reason, i'm just not that high on Barnett

Comment

So you've given up on Fedor all together? Or just with Overeem?
                            For some people, Fedor is the automatic favorite everytime he steps onto a mat, thats just not the case this time. Given up on him? No, he's still a good fighter. I just wish he would either man up and fight the fights he needs to, or just finally retire and go away. He's wasting his time and ours fighting the guys he has been the last couple of years. At this point, he's not a fighter, but rather a spectacle of his former self.

Comment

And for some reason, i'm just not that high on Barnett
                              Barnett is a beast, he'd fight for free if he had to just because he loves to do it. The problem with Barnett is that he can't keep a needle out of his body and his foot out of his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X