RCBS Chargemaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCBS Chargemaster

So, I finally pulled the trigger on an RCBS Chargemaster. Seems that they got a lot better reviews than the Hornady ones. I've just grown tired of spending an hour to load 20 rounds of ammo for my bolt gun. I've been holding out, but with them being on sale and the $50 rebate, it was hard to pass up. I saved a total of $85 off of it incase someone else is in the market.

Does anyone else have much experience with this machine? Let me know any good/bad things about it if you don't mind.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

They are pretty nice but can be a bit picky on powder type. What is the main powder you are running.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

IMR 7828 SSC, I read a review where they used it and didn't have any issues.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I believe the biggest problem causer is Hodgdon Varget, which is what i run and supposedly a McDonald's straw in the trickler tube will fix it.

Comment

Well they are pretty similar in shape, but I believe that the SSC is about half the length. Hopefully that helps with metering.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Is that the powder you are running in your 260?

Comment

Yeah it is.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Why did you go with that powder? It seems a very large portion of the 260 guys are running one of the 4350 versions.

Comment

It does seem that way. Honestly, Greg from bugholes recommended a load for me, I tried it, and it shot .25 moa. I figured why change what's not broken.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Fair enough and It's hard to beat the first load doing so well.

Comment

So I got my chargemaster the other day. And long story short, it's going back. I don't need a VERY expensive powder thrower that has to have the charges checked and adjusted. I was having up to .4 variance over with it. And the hopper was cracked during shipping. So I think that this one might have suffered a fall, but I think that I'm just going to get a very good beam type scale and just be happy with that. I've had some pretty damn good results with my RCBS beam scale, I'm just going to look into something a little more accurate. Say to within .01 gn. Any ideas guys?
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                        So I got my chargemaster the other day. And long story short, it's going back. I don't need a VERY expensive powder thrower that has to have the charges checked and adjusted. I was having up to .4 variance over with it. And the hopper was cracked during shipping. So I think that this one might have suffered a fall, but I think that I'm just going to get a very good beam type scale and just be happy with that. I've had some pretty damn good results with my RCBS beam scale, I'm just going to look into something a little more accurate. Say to within .01 gn. Any ideas guys?
                        A high quality digital scale can easily be accurate to a tenth of a grain. For my target handloads I use a 1950's era single beam scale and I've found it to be accurate to the thousandths of a grain. I've had a Lyman digital scale which was around $200 - It was good but... questionable at times. Now I have a Hornady lock 'n load bench scale but I haven't tested it yet. I use my beam scale to verify calibration on my digital scales - It's always been dependable and dead nuts accurate. They are just time consuming to zero a charge in.

Also, I've long noticed that my friends who load in garages never seem to have the same accuracy I do, and I attribute that to temperature/humidity variances. I do my loading indoors so the variance is less. It might be a good idea to keep your digital scale in a plastic bag with desiccant when you're not using it. The load cells can be effected by humidity.
                        Last edited by CJ; 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          A high quality digital scale can easily be accurate to a tenth of a grain. For my target handloads I use a 1950's era single beam scale and I've found it to be accurate to the thousandths of a grain. I've had a Lyman digital scale which was around $200 - It was good but... questionable at times. Now I have a Hornady lock 'n load bench scale but I haven't tested it yet. I use my beam scale to verify calibration on my digital scales - It's always been dependable and dead nuts accurate. They are just time consuming to zero a charge in.

Also, I've long noticed that my friends who load in garages never seem to have the same accuracy I do, and I attribute that to temperature/humidity variances. I do my loading indoors so the variance is less. It might be a good idea to keep your digital scale in a plastic bag with desiccant when you're not using it. The load cells can be effected by humidity.
                          I don't hava a digital scale anymore. I've lost faith in the accuracy of the cheaper ones, (less than $100). So I have a RCBS 505 that has done great for me. I just wonder if there is something out there that is better. I can tell when I need just one more kernel of powder to get it just right. My SD was VERY tight on the last loads that I chrono'd.

About that 1950's scale... wanna sell it, lol. J/K. I just sometimes question my 505 sometimes. But when I can get it to repeat itself, it's hard to beat. Also, my reloading room is inside, so climate control and humidity isn't an issue.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Mine's inside as well and I concur it helps a good bit.

Comment

Even with my beam scales i throw a clear bowl over them so the wind from the furnace cant mess with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X