Mugabe and the White African

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugabe and the White African

Just finished watching this and I must say that it is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. I have always been fascinated with Rhodesia and the effects of decolonization in sub Saharan Africa, and this provided an excellent window.

Basically its about a white farmer who employs 500 locals and the government of Zimbabwe wants to confiscate his land to redistribute to blacks... so he takes Mugabe to international court. It is crazy to see what one man and his family do when they are at risk of losing everything.

Mind you that in Zimbabwe when white farmers land is confiscated, the farm basically ceases to exist and the natives just strip the farm machinery and make a quick buck. Prior to ZANU rule, Zimbabwe was known as the breadbasket of Africa and exported tons of food... now they import food as a result of a forced exodus of trained farmers.

Anyway here is the trailer-

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Just watched it on youtube...amazing.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Interesting. In light of recent history in Zimbabwe, I'm surprised there are any white people left.
      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X