X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House loses nearly a quarter of its value

By Holly Bailey
    Wed Jan 5, 11:46 am ET

On paper, it sounds like a property to die for: 132 rooms, including 16 bedrooms and 35 bathrooms, with 28 fireplaces, a tennis court, a bowling alley and an attached garage spread out over 55,000 square feet on 18 acres of centrally located land.

But the White House, as enviable a property as it is, hasn't been immune from the nation's housing crisis.

As syndicated columnist Lew Sichelman first noticed, the property value of the White House has lost nearly a quarter of its value over the last three years, according to the real estate site Zillow. In fact, in the last month alone, the White House's estimated property worth has dropped nearly $5.5 million.

At the height of the 2007 housing boom, the White House was valued at roughly $332 million. In January 2009, when President Obama and his family moved in, the fair market value was listed as $292 million. Now Zillow says the property is worth just $252 million — even with all the redecorating the Obamas have done since moving in.

That's still an impressive net worth, considering the property was reportedly built at a cost of just over $232,000 (roughly $3 million in 2011 numbers). One reason it was so cheap: The construction crews were up largely of slaves.
    HA This is what happens when Canadians move in.

Lol
    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

that motherfucker shouldn't be spending any money to decorate the fucking white house.

fuck barak and michelle in their earholes.

Comment

There goes the neighborhood!

Comment

black helicopters, circling the Tags

Comment

LOL! I'm loving this. Its both hilarious, and sweet music to my ears. For 4 or 5 different reasons. This is like sweet, sweet justice or something.

An afterthought:

I wouldn't think it even had any value. Since its never going to be on the market, and all. Technically its value should be zero dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
              An afterthought:

I wouldn't think it even had any value. Since its never going to be on the market, and all. Technically its value should be zero dollars.
              Just because it's never going to be on the market doesn't make it's value zero. The materials used have an inherent value.
              sigpic

Comment

If he would have purchased it from Tony Rezko it would have increased 300% in value

Comment

The tags tell me we have a bunch of "stupid motherfuckers" posting here. And they're too chickenshit to own their comments. Disgraceful.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

lmmfao @ the tags

Comment

Working...
                    X