Peer to peer music sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peer to peer music sites

I've used Limewire for years and it has recently been shutdown by the feds. I'm jonesing for some new music and I was wondering what program others use? I liked Limewire because it was easy to use, had a great selection, and the downloads were fast. Any suggestions?

if you find one lmk. Seems like all the kids are doing the torrents or what have you. i liked the whole p2p thing better.
    .....bro....

Comment

Yeah, I'm struggling with the whole torrent thing too. Seems to be a lot more spam, dead links and ads. Bleh.

Comment

I stopped using p2ps in like 2003, srsly?

Comment

which torrent program is the best?

Comment

I honestly thought all of the p2p stuff was gone - I had mostly bad luck with p2p stuff - bad quality, personal audio mixing, etc... Much better luck with torrents - if the artist is popular.

For new music, I use Pandora and XM(I keep track of songs I like with Shazam instead of a notepad) to find new artists. Then check out more of their music on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              which torrent program is the best?
              I like utorrent, it's not ful of media players and doesn't nag you to update it every week. The program is irrelevant though, what's important is the tracker you use. I've personally never had a virus or spyware on demonoid or torrent damage. Lots of bunk mp3s on demonoid though, I mainly use it for ebooks.

Comment

I installed bittorrent, and I've been downloading from thepiratebay.org. So far, so good.

Comment

Pirate Bay is good. I've heard demonoid is awesome, but you have to get a code to join. Not sure how to get that code. I use pirate bay. Also if you google "Rapidshare band name song title/album title" you can usually find what you want. You just have to learn what to look out for so you can avoid viruses. Typically, if a rapidshare or megaupload URL is in the description, you're good to go.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Legalsounds.com

Most songs are $0.09 each and are good quality downloads. Entire albums usually run $1.00-1.50. I gave up on P2P and torrents for music a long time ago. No time for the bullshit that goes along with it.
                    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                      Legalsounds.com

Most songs are $0.09 each and are good quality downloads. Entire albums usually run $1.00-1.50. I gave up on P2P and torrents for music a long time ago. No time for the bullshit that goes along with it.
                      <--- just got hit with some of that - my internet just got suspended (within the last hour). Called in and they told me I violated their DMCA policy. Tech support couldn't give me details, they have a separate department for that, they don't work nights. T/S did say they'll be able to tell me what exactly was downloaded, when it was downloaded and to what IP. Also said that since this was the first violation, they will turn everything back on - they just need to talk to me and "coach" me on what not to do.

I haven't DL'd anything lately, so I'm not sure what could have tripped their trigger.

Luckily I can tether with my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        <--- just got hit with some of that - my internet just got suspended (within the last hour). Called in and they told me I violated their DMCA policy. Tech support couldn't give me details, they have a separate department for that, they don't work nights. T/S did say they'll be able to tell me what exactly was downloaded, when it was downloaded and to what IP. Also said that since this was the first violation, they will turn everything back on - they just need to talk to me and "coach" me on what not to do.

I haven't DL'd anything lately, so I'm not sure what could have tripped their trigger.

Luckily I can tether with my phone.
                        Let me guess, Charter?

Comment

Suddenlink - I'm out west... My only other option is ATT DSL or Clear(which I won't use)

If you google DMCA violation - Suddenlink is top of the list for having a 3 strike policy and then they cut you off for 6 months. The T/S guy said after they "coach" me if it happens again, they terminate service. From the sound of it, they tell you about securing your wifi to ensure that nobody else can use your interwebz and also that DL'ing movies and music is bad.

Comment

After the last virus from using a torrent site and my internet being so bottle necked form leachers I uninstalled my bittorrent software and relocked down my router. Not worth it not the possible jail time for the downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                              Legalsounds.com

I'm using something similar called Skyshare. Most songs are $.11 each. Had to download their Skyshare-Manager software to use it. It's prepay, so you deposit money in a "bank" and they deduct for each song you download. I put in $45 and then got a $45 bonus, so each song is costing me a little over a nickel. The download software could be better, but at least it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                              X