No announcement yet.

Reasonable receiver in the 2-250 range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonable receiver in the 2-250 range?

Anyone have any recommendations or input on what to stay away from
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

I have a onkyo received and am not real happy with it. Puts off a lot of heat and takes a while to handshake with HDMI stuff. I would save a couple more dollars and get a nice Denon reciever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'm considering this one currently

Newegg offers customers an awesome experience shopping for computers, hardware, electronics, networking solutions, and more. Upgrade your shopping experience today!
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
        I have a onkyo received and am not real happy with it. Puts off a lot of heat and takes a while to handshake with HDMI stuff. I would save a couple more dollars and get a nice Denon reciever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
        Same here. I strongly advise against Onkyo. Their products are junk, and they don't stand behind them. I'll probably go with either Denon or Yamaha on the next one.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

For the money, Yamaha is hard to beat for all the features they offer.

Comment

All of my Onkyo's have had HDMI handshake issues. I liked them otherwise.

My main receiver is a Yamaha, and it has been awesome. Not within that budget, though. Step up to $500-ish and you'll have a lot more and nicer options. In the long run, you won't regret it.

Comment

While I agree with all the reasons NOT to go with Onkyo, this is hard to argue with:

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                While I agree with all the reasons NOT to go with Onkyo, this is hard to argue with:

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-5-1...y-a-v-receiver
                .....except when you have to keep reconnecting your HDMI cables or rebooting it over and over again.

I'd go Denon, Pioneer Elite, or Yamaha

Comment

I have Denon and really like it bought it froma friend that replaced with top of the line sony and his new is junk. we took my sub to his media room and it would not produce with his unit at alland in my house " living room same size as his media room" this think just kills the bass but it did take some work getting it set up right.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    .....except when you have to keep reconnecting your HDMI cables or rebooting it over and over again.

I'd go Denon, Pioneer Elite, or Yamaha
                    In order, I've owned Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha, and now Denon. I never had to deal with the HDMI issues with Onkyo because mine predated that. My Denon is the most capable unit I've ever had.

He was asking for suggestions in a specific price range. Obviously he could get a much better receiver with a less limited budget.

Comment

i ended up getting a yamaha. guy over debted himself on christmas so i scored the reciever and full surround sound set up for less than the cost of just the reciever. thanks guys
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        For the money, Yamaha is hard to beat for all the features they offer.
                        I bought vertnuts old one and have been happy with it from day one.

My wife still has no idea how to use it though.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          I bought vertnuts old one and have been happy with it from day one.

My wife still has no idea how to use it though.
                          That's the way it SHOULD be! LOL!

Comment

hk, marantz, pio elite.

buy used, especially if you dont NEED hdmi 1.4 (3d, arc, ethernet over hdmi)
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                              hk, marantz, pio elite.

buy used, especially if you dont NEED hdmi 1.4 (3d, arc, ethernet over hdmi)
                              I always forget about Marantz, not sure why either, they are very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X