vista/computer issues- locking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista/computer issues- locking up

Got a wierd issue with my desktop. Its running vista ultimate. All of a sudden when i try to flip through pictures in the gallery, it will make it to two or three pics and then the screen gets scrambled and the computer locks up and needs a power on/off cycle. It does this every single time you try to look at pics.

Vista is updated with every update, all the drivers are updated, virus scan checks out and shows nothing infected. What could be wrong, i cant figure it out and its annoying as hell not being able to look at any pics.
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Go here running IE As Admin, register an acct then take the test. When it's done, copy paste the link in your address bar in your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Go here running IE As Admin, register an acct then take the test. When it's done, copy paste the link in your address bar in your reply.

http://PCPITSTOP.com/betapit/
      LOL

Bryan, you should have that sentenced saved to a word doc to copy and paste. I think I missed your call new years. Not sure though.

I am going with a bad vid card.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        LOL

Bryan, you should have that sentenced saved to a word doc to copy and paste. I think I missed your call new years. Not sure though.

I am going with a bad vid card.
        ^^^^
        x2 (My Guess)

Possible corrupt video drivers also...

Comment

It saves me and the person I'm trying to help the trouble of listing hardware blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post

http://PCPITSTOP.com/betapit/
            cool, done, here is the link :

2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

When was the last time you opened the case and blew the dust out via canned air(while holding any fan(s) still)?

Where's the tower located?

Comment

Its been a very long time since I've had the cover off and blew the dust out. I don't even remember. The tower sits on top of my desk in the corner against a wall
                2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Working...
                X