File Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Tracking

Just a question since I now have 2 strikes from my ISP regarding the download of copyrighted material(DMCA).

They alleged that somebody using my IP downloaded 2 movies (Iron Man2 and Salt). I'm just curious how they are tracking these files. Are they tracking the download, the upload(seeding) or is there something being transmitted when the file is played?

According to the tech support, it does not have anything to do with amount of bandwidth being used. There is not a fair access policy in place for daily/monthly usage.

Mods - if this is too touchy of a subject, feel free to delete.

How did you get these files? Torrents FTW, IMO.

Comment

Here's a good read for you..

Click to view Earlier this week, a Lifehacker reader caught downloading copyrighted material using BitTorrent told us about the scary warning letter

Comment

Is your network SSID broadcasting an open network or are you using any encryption like WEP, WPA Personal?

Comment

Usenet

Comment

My network is secured... just a little "stupid on duty" on my part. It will not happen again. I was just doing some testing and forgot a step or two. I didn't think anything of it since I've never had an issue with audio files in the past.

Just wanted to see if it was ok to use what had been DL'd already without triggering something else.

Comment

Working...
            X