Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a .451 bullet sizing die laying around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a .451 bullet sizing die laying around?

For either a standard 7/8" press or a Star resizing machine, I can use either. For some reason I don't have one and I thought I did. Hell, even if it's just to borrow for a day.
    Last edited by CJ; 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Well, I have been looking myself and it seems everyone is sold out right now on the .45ACP carbide sets. I did find this however, I am sure you could make it pay off:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-Carbide-Die-Only/dp/B000NSB5SA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1358369879&sr=8-5&keywords=lee+reloading+.45+ACP+dies[/ame]
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
      Well, I have been looking myself and it seems everyone is sold out right now on the .45ACP carbide sets. I did find this however, I am sure you could make it pay off:

http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision-...g+.45+ACP+dies
      I'm looking for a bullet sizing die It's for making bullets.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I'm looking for a bullet sizing die It's for making bullets.
        OH, well then, nevermind

IF my shoes were not labled L and R I would have a hell of a time getting around everyday
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

OH, well then, nevermind
          I should have been more clear, now that I read it I can see how it can be pretty confusing.

Comment

I'll keep lookin and see what I can find online...unless you already have found one online and are just not wanting to purchase it...trying to help here

Comment

I'll keep lookin and see what I can find online...unless you already have found one online and are just not wanting to purchase it...trying to help here
              Nah, I'm looking for someone local that might have on I could use or buy. Needing it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Nah, I'm looking for someone local that might have on I could use or buy. Needing it soon.
                gotcha' well, good luck sir

Edit: I know it is a bit of a stretch for you (already well equipped) but there is a show this weekend in Mesquite, I am sure there is not a rush on Cast bullet components (at least from what I have seen). Might check it out if you don’t find one by then.

Comment

what are you loading for that takes a 451? Just an experiment, or a really tight barrel or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                    what are you loading for that takes a 451? Just an experiment, or a really tight barrel or what?
                    I was going to try my hand at plating

Comment

and you use a 451 cast?

Seriously asking, I've always thought the conventional wisdom was to go a thou over on cast even with a gas check. But each platform is a little different. I know I can't use 451 in the bull at all it just shreds them. Even XTPs. That is also where I learned XTPs come in both 452 and 451.

Comment

and you use a 451 cast?

Seriously asking, I've always thought the conventional wisdom was to go a thou over on cast even with a gas check. But each platform is a little different. I know I can't use 451 in the bull at all it just shreds them. Even XTPs. That is also where I learned XTPs come in both 452 and 451.
                        Well a raging bull is a .454 casull, so that's going to only shoot .452. I was going to cast .45 ACP bullets and then try my hand at plating .001

Comment

oh okay. got any pics of your plating setup? I've thought about some ways to build one but I never went that far. Gas checks did all I needed.

Comment

oh okay. got any pics of your plating setup? I've thought about some ways to build one but I never went that far. Gas checks did all I needed.
                            I gas check my .50 cal bullets and they work great so far.

I'm going to use an old train power supply and try it out at a low voltage, I haven't made it yet, still looking over designs.

Comment

If it helps in the brainstorming department, what I felt would work as an anode was a mild steel plate (sheet metal, maybe only 16gage), and whack it in a close pattern with a punch; not piercing but making definite pointy bumps on one side. Tht would give the bullet something to sit on without having to balance precariously or anything and in theory allow all but a small part to be plated, and they should break free of the anode easily enough. Plus it would be easy enough to replace the anode instead of trying to make one that was re-usable.

I wonder if it would help to use a square wave DC voltage? There are chips made to give you just that so you can run through a DC transformer.

Comment

Working...
                              X