BEST Alpine AiNet HU ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST Alpine AiNet HU ever made?

I need to know the consensus esp from those in the industry. Im looking to upgrade my father's MBus shit to AiNet and I want the very best HU Alpine ever made for AiNet controls in a single din. The 7909 is considered the best SQ but it is pre MBus, and I need AiNet to work with my new style changer.

Any help or advice is great, I dont care what it costs, but I do need the part number and where to get one...

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
    I need to know the consensus esp from those in the industry. Im looking to upgrade my father's MBus shit to AiNet and I want the very best HU Alpine ever made for AiNet controls in a single din. The 7909 is considered the best SQ but it is pre MBus, and I need AiNet to work with my new style changer.

Any help or advice is great, I dont care what it costs, but I do need the part number and where to get one...
    You lost me at single din. I miss my W200 + H701. The graphic EQ was actually a graph. Very cool. I have a W205 and a W505 now, but they don't display an actual visual graph, just number values for each frequency.

The 7897 is very popular, right? I never owned one. Is it Ai-net?

Optical ftw.

What about F1 status? Is any of that stuff Ai-net?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      You lost me at single din. I miss my W200 + H701. The graphic EQ was actually a graph. Very cool. I have a W205 and a W505 now, but they don't display an actual visual graph, just number values for each frequency.

The 7897 is very popular, right? I never owned one. Is it Ai-net?

Optical ftw.

What about F1 status? Is any of that stuff Ai-net?
      I have a mint 200/701 waiting to go in my next car... Sirius/ipod/DVD changer etc. This car only has a single din spot and it isn't getting cut up. A 7990 F1 would be the shit, but I don't think it works AI and you gotta buy it's own processor which is hard to get these days too.

I've never heard of the 7897, usually the 79xx dead heads had the best sq, but Ill look the 7897 up tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

Comment

I have a mint 200/701 waiting to go in my next car... Sirius/ipod/DVD changer etc. This car only has a single din spot and it isn't getting cut up. A 7990 F1 would be the shit, but I don't think it works AI and you gotta buy it's own processor which is hard to get these days too.

I've never heard of the 7897, usually the 79xx dead heads had the best sq, but Ill look the 7897 up tomorrow. Thanks for the advice
        Maybe it's the 7987. Or maybe it's xx86. I dunno. Just seems like I've seen/heard lots of buzz over the years about an Alpine unit with those numbers in some sequence. Shows what I know, lol.

I am jealous of your 200/701. My 701 has lost one of the rear channels. Not the worst thing ever, but still enough to bug me. I really want the new 8" Alpine, so I may start over. I have a ton of Ai-net stuff I might part with. Pretty much everything except the DVD changer. Always wanted one. My 200 and 205 both gave me issues, but eventually got fixed. I've actually had issues with a lot of different Alpine stuff over the years (Blackbirds, DVD drive nav unit, etc), but I just can't bring myself to switch brands.

If anything, I'd love to one day build an elaborate carputer system. That's a big, expensive project, though.
        Last edited by jluv; 01-17-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          Maybe it's the 7987. Or maybe it's xx86. I dunno. Just seems like I've seen/heard lots of buzz over the years about an Alpine unit with those numbers in some sequence. Shows what I know, lol.

I am jealous of your 200/701. My 701 has lost one of the rear channels. Not the worst thing ever, but still enough to bug me. I really want the new 8" Alpine, so I may start over. I have a ton of Ai-net stuff I might part with. Pretty much everything except the DVD changer. Always wanted one. My 200 and 205 both gave me issues, but eventually got fixed. I've actually had issues with a lot of different Alpine stuff over the years (Blackbirds, DVD drive nav unit, etc), but I just can't bring myself to switch brands.

If anything, I'd love to one day build an elaborate carputer system. That's a big, expensive project, though.
          The CDA-7897 is the phantom face 1.5 slide out din... it has a built in amp. The dead head version which is a CDA-7998 was highly recommended by a bunch of people on the car audio forums from research Ive done the past few days... I am probably going to go with a 7939 if I can find one. It is made to work with the H400 I want to run (already own in closet) which is the grandfather of the 700/701.

Comment

Ai-Net is dead. CDA-9887 was the last high-end Ai-Net single DIN. Last Ai-Net 2DIN is the INA-W910 but only some Ai-Net products will work through it.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              CDA-9887 was the last high-end Ai-Net single DIN.
              That's the one I was thinking of. Lol.

Comment

my 9835 was stolen with out a face attached (WTF). i still have the face and remote for it somewhere. that was my favorite alpine single din HU ever.

while i would love to have it back i doubt i will ever own a traditional head unit again. i have some plans to do an all digital tablet setup with an audison bit10d and av5.1k.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Ai-Net is dead. CDA-9887 was the last high-end Ai-Net single DIN. Last Ai-Net 2DIN is the INA-W910 but only some Ai-Net products will work through it.
                  I didnt ask if it was current or not, I asked what the best one was.

Ive talked to jluv about it, I have it narrowed down to 2, just gotta find one.

Comment

Which two?

Comment

I've got a CDA-7878 you can have, has some kind of overheat fault when you try to play a CD, but I have the remote and stuff, and the FM tuner works fine. I think it still has my Alice In Chains CD in it from 10-12 years ago You can even keep the CD

Comment

Which two?
                        CDA-7949 first choice

CDA-7939 second choice

7998 and 7969 are also bad ass from what I've gathered, but the 69 is horrible looking and the 98 doesn't work well with the older H400 processor I want to use, its more made to work with a 700/701.

The 7949 is the holy grail of Ai decks from what I have read.. I want to go Ai because I already own the H400 and the optical changer to run the DACs out of the processor. Not a lot of optical out single din's for Ai even built to be honest, less than 10 in like 15 years.

Comment

<<<<< Still uses a 7909 from the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                            <<<<< Still uses a 7909 from the 90's.
                            baller radio and one of the best, but its not ai net, so wont work for my setup.

Comment

CDA-7949 first choice

CDA-7939 second choice

7998 and 7969 are also bad ass from what I've gathered, but the 69 is horrible looking and the 98 doesn't work well with the older H400 processor I want to use, its more made to work with a 700/701.

The 7949 is the holy grail of Ai decks from what I have read.. I want to go Ai because I already own the H400 and the optical changer to run the DACs out of the processor. Not a lot of optical out single din's for Ai even built to be honest, less than 10 in like 15 years.
                              7949 I had a 7909 for years until the optical block went out so I decided to pickup a 7949 with an Ai-Net Changer. I HATED the 7949!!
                              I miss the simplicity of the 7903/7904/7909 AND even the 7939 although I didn't care much for its styling (7939). The 7949 went all high tech/disco/strobelight and to me lost the appeal of the understated yet high end approach which the 7909 had provided. I sold my 7949 and its changer and picked up a newer easier to use CDA-9847 (also plays MP3/WMA and has an AUX-IN).

Comment

Working...
                              X