Universal remotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal remotes

What's good remote these days? All I've ever known is harmony but they seem to get poor reviews as of late.

Ill be using it for tv, blue ray, cable, and stereo receiver. Rf isn't necessary and I'd like something rechargeable preferably with a cradle.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

I like the Harmony products, but opinions may vary.

Comment

I hate my harmony 1100. The delay sucks and there is no way to get rid of it. That being said, I haven't found a better solution.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have used a harmony one for 5 years without issue...

Comment

Leah bought me a Harmony 650 a couple months ago and I have been really happy with it. It controls our TV, Dish, Onkyo Receiver and BluRay player perfectly. She got it on a deal site for like $40.

BTW, not rechargeable but has not needed new batteries yet.

Comment

I had a Harmony 890 and it literally fell apart. I now have a Harmony One, and the delay sucks. It's a little touchy, too. Not sure if there's anything better, though.

Comment

use a ipad or iphone! works great

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                use a ipad or iphone! works great
                I've done that, it's lame. Just having to find/pick up the phone, unlock it, open the app - that takes more time than the Harmony delay.

Comment

AMX or Crestron IMO

Comment

Is harmony a brand or is that the software? I ended up with my cousins Logitech universal remote and it says harmony when I turn it on. I have not played with it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Is harmony a brand or is that the software? I ended up with my cousins Logitech universal remote and it says harmony when I turn it on. I have not played with it yet.
                      Harmony is the name of the remotes, and they are made by Logitech.

Comment

You can go to their site and program it on line. At least I think that's what I did.

Comment

Just got it all setup. It's a Harmony One.

MIND BLOWN!!!! This might actually keep the wife from bitching.

Comment

Wtf!?!

I got everything to work with the remote last night. I put it on the charger and go to bed and now no activities work.

Comment

Wtf!?!

I got everything to work with the remote last night. I put it on the charger and go to bed and now no activities work.
                              Hit the button for what you want to do (watch TV, for example). Keep it pointed at the TV and wait 20 seconds. Don't touch anymore buttons. If that doesn't work, hit "Help". Welcome to the quirkiness of Harmony One.

Comment

Working...
                              X