Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is everything, can't find anything in stock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everything, can't find anything in stock.

Wow the reloading craze is in full swing just like the madness with AR type rifles. Its becoming extremely hard to find powder (preferred brand Bullseys) primers, and dies. Cabbalas has nothing in stock neither does Bass Pro and everywhere else is out of stock online. Anyone know of locations that are currently in Stock? As stated above looking for primers, powder and a set of Lee Deluxe dies for a 9MM.

3GSS has Varget, and Midway has #210 primers.

I know a lot of rifle shooters will want that.

Comment

LOL I hope you're not using bullseye for .223!

Bullseye is by far the most popular powder, I expect that would be difficult to find. I haven't been in the market for components in a while (thank god I stocked up before hand), but I would recommend searching craigslist and forums to buy off of other reloaders, just forgo the market all together.

Would you be interested in trading a pound of bullseye for a pound of another powder you don't use? I have plenty of bullseye.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cannot find bullets online anywhere. Highly annoying.

Comment

What kind you looking for?
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I bought bullets from here http://shootersproshop.com/index.php...ory&path=73_84

Good price (for what I got at the time).

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, CJ I have not started the reloading of .223 at this time just learning my way around pistol ammo currently (45acp 9mm and 40). That is what the bullseye is for. While on the subject of .223 what do you recommend as a good universal powder?

Comment

Originally posted by silver_2000_tj View Post
                Thanks for the feedback guys, CJ I have not started the reloading of .223 at this time just learning my way around pistol ammo currently (45acp 9mm and 40). That is what the bullseye is for. While on the subject of .223 what do you recommend as a good universal powder?
                Surplus WC844 for .223, cheap as hell and it's good enough for the troops!

For target/accuracy rounds I use Varget. You can also use IMR-4198 for 55gr, IMR-4895 for 69gr+, and Varget is good for 77gr.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Benchmark, 8208 and cfe are good options as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Benchmark, 8208 and cfe are good options as well.
                    Those are also popular, I just don't use them because I find less of it second hand (which is where I get most of my powder). But the CFE in particular is really popular, I think that was a purpose designed powder for .223.

Originally the AR-15 was designed for use with IMR-4198, that is the powder Eugene Stoner chose for the AR-15 to run. Primarily because it's a cleaner extruded powder. However, once McNamara's brain squad got a hold of the rifle they switched to cheaper ball powder (WC844) which is where all of those jamming and reliability problems came from that you still occasionally hear from Nam vets. It was very unfortunately the rifle got the reputation because the government screwed the pooch. As with most any ball powder it does run a little dirty, but at 3 times the savings, it's definitely without question worth it.

Comment

I can find Benchmark and 8208 relatively easy around here but I don't load 223 in bulk. From what I understand cfe is really good but was really hard to find before the scare and near impossible to find now.

Comment

Working...
                      X