How is the gun market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the gun market?

I've been consumed with school so I haven't looked much at all, but how are prices holding up (or falling down) on ar's, ak's, mini 14's/30's, and so forth?

Like shit. Values have gone down on everything, not saying prices won't come back. Right now is a buyers market.

Comment

Yup, I'm not a big gun buyer and they are even become more affordable for me.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Prices have come back down to earth after the great gun scare of '08. I imagine prices would go up if he gets reelected though.

Comment

Originally posted by cad424 View Post
          Prices have come back down to earth after the great gun scare of '08. I imagine prices would go up if he gets reelected though.
          Which is my concern. I think people are relaxed right now because he hasn't come right out and done something.

I was thinking about selling my ak to fun an ar15 build, but may just keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Which is my concern. I think people are relaxed right now because he hasn't come right out and done something.

I was thinking about selling my ak to fun an ar15 build, but may just keep it.
            I bought 3 AK47's for $660 several years back. In '08 I sold them for $2800.

Might want to hold onto it if the prices do go back up. You can buy/build an AR right now for around $500.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shit not if you're looking for a S&W 686. I think they have increased in price for that piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                Shit not if you're looking for a S&W 686. I think they have increased in price for that piece.
                I have one of those too, but it isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Market is weird right now. The price of tactical stuff is going down and normalizing, while hunting guns seem to be steadily increasing in price... But that could be the result of hunting season I suppose. Class III stuff is pretty stagnant at current.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Sean, you'd be better off just saving a little more for a kit, or piecing an AR together a little at a time. They're cheap as hell that way.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

guns

I came across a Cavalry Arms AR-15 5.56 at the fort worth gun show sat for 499.00. I don't know anything about Cav Arms but still seemed cheap.

Comment

I agree the market is weird. Used lever actions are pricey. I understand the pre-64 Winchesters etc., but the cheapest used 336 in good condition I saw was $350 and they would not budge on the price. There wasn't anything special about it. I can pick a new one up with a MFG warranty from Academy for a few $ more.

Comment

Working...
                        X