Best "budget" spray gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best "budget" spray gun?

Trying to pick up a budget spray gun to spray base/clear with. I'll pick up a cheapo for primer. Had my coupes hood sitting on the roof at the track and a huge gust of wind took it on a flight so I need to respray where it scraped it. Don't want to drop a crap ton on a high end Sata or something, but don't want a pile of crap either.

Thanks,
    James

I'll let you borrow one
    1997 viper gts
    1986 turbo mustang
    1987 Buick grand national
    1972 nova

Comment

Now that's a fuckin offer! Where would you recommend for a color match on this silver? I've always used English Color in the past.

Comment

Do you know what color silver it is? Is it a factory color?
        1997 viper gts
        1986 turbo mustang
        1972 nova

Comment

Id have someone else spray it, take the whole car. Silver is a pain in the ass to match, and if it is sprayed different than the car it looks even worse.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            Id have someone else spray it, take the whole car. Silver is a pain in the ass to match, and if it is sprayed different than the car it looks even worse.
            X2, or at least blend in the surrounding panels.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I agree with someone spray it because without a booth you get all that trash in the air. Blending would be a pita if never done before.

Comment

I agree with all of the above but I will loan you a gun and mix some paint for you if you think you can handle it.
                1997 viper gts
                1986 turbo mustang
                1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                  I agree with all of the above but I will loan you a gun and mix some paint for you if you think you can handle it.
                  I know it isn't ideal, but I've painted entire cars in my garage with total shit spray guns. I painted this Trans Am 3 times, all in the garage. If you are serious about loaning me the gun and letting me buy some paint off of you I'd really appreciate it.

Here are the pics of the trans am. Did a corvette pace car scheme, silver with flames, and a candy blue (candy is one I'd really not recommend doing in a garage!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                    Do you know what color silver it is? Is it a factory color?
                    And no, when I painted the hood last time I just looked through a few paint chip books until I found something that matched well. I want to say it was a Ford silver but I could be wrong. Let me see if I wrote it down.

Comment

That top one looks great. Wanna paint a 55 Chevy?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                        And no, when I painted the hood last time I just looked through a few paint chip books until I found something that matched well. I want to say it was a Ford silver but I could be wrong. Let me see if I wrote it down.
                        Man, if you're going to all the trouble to get some quality tools and products to lay it down, why not resquirt all of the silver at one time so you have no issues with color and metallic matching? Might be a good time to address any small chips or bodywork that's been bothering you too. Just throwing it out there.

Northern Tool actually has a decent gun. Besides, good spray guns don't make good paint jobs - good bodywork and good polishers do.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                        X