Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&w mp 15

my stepdad is selling one for 750
    Is it worth me buying? I havent been in the gun market lately or gone to a gun show recently.

They're decent shooters, and I've enjoyed mine. The worth depends on which model.
    I picked up the base optic ready one new from Academy for $850 then did the $100 S&W mail in rebate, so IMO $750 would be a little steep for a used base model since you could have effectively bought a new one for that last spring. The model that came with the quad rail and flip up sights (all Troy with M&P markings) would be a decent find for that price since thats easily over $350 of mods for a base model. Iirc thats the M&P15T.
    Last edited by Marss; 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Meh...average price depending on the model. I'd never buy a factory AR though. Building them is too much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
        Meh...average price depending on the model. I'd never buy a factory AR though. Building them is too much fun.
        what he said. All though it never hurts to buy your first. It is the second all the way to your bakers dozen you should build.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

thanks for the input guys im debating on buying or building, the only problem is i have no idea where to begin on building one, i am very new to building one

Comment

I had the performance center rifle, and I never should've sold it, but someone offered more than I paid for it, and I've got this rule...
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

ant reccomendAtions on where to start looking for a kit?
              or where to begin building, i am a newb. but i think building one would be fun

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck1320 View Post
                ant reccomendAtions on where to start looking for a kit?
                or where to begin building, i am a newb. but i think building one would be fun
                I'd look over at www.aimsurplus.com for any deals they might be having. They usually have Spike's complete uppers for $499.99 w/ free shipping. You'll need to build yourself a lower receiver as well. Lower are lowers for the most part. Get a stripped lower, DPMS (or any other brand) lower parts kit, a stock (A2 or adjustable)/buffer tube assembly, a backup sight and some mags. That should get you started. Check out AR15.com for tons of pictures and how-to's.

Comment

Working...
                X