Verizon to sell iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon to sell iPhone

Just heard that Verizon/Apple are supposed to announce on the 11th the sales of a new iPhone that works on the Verizon network.

What are the ups and downs of owning an iPhone? I saw Talisman's thread...is that a common problem to have in which you have trouble "sharing" your music among computers/iphones?

I'd love to read some first-hand opinions.
    What are your favorite and least favorite things about the device/software?
    How does the phone compare to a BB Storm or HTC EVO? (I already have the Storm)
    Will the phone be faster, slower, roughly the same on VZW's network?

Thanks in advance

In before people on verizon start saying that service sucks on their iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
      Just heard that Verizon/Apple are supposed to announce on the 11th the sales of a new iPhone that works on the Verizon network.

What are the ups and downs of owning an iPhone? I saw Talisman's thread...is that a common problem to have in which you have trouble "sharing" your music among computers/iphones?

I'd love to read some first-hand opinions.
      What are your favorite and least favorite things about the device/software?
      How does the phone compare to a BB Storm or HTC EVO? (I already have the Storm)
      Will the phone be faster, slower, roughly the same on VZW's network?

Thanks in advance
      I have had the 2G iphone and currently have the 3GS, I also used the Nexus One with 2.2 for awhile and went back to the iPhone.

Android and iOS are equal IMO, somethings are better for android, somethings are better with iOS, I think it comes down to personal preference.

It will probably be about the same speed on VZW, but I think the updated model this summer will have 4G and it might be worth waiting.

Comment

My reception is great with VZW, and that's all across Texas from the metroplex to the hill country. I dunno...just my experience. In searching for more info on the subject, I've come across several sites that say the new phone that has yet to be revealed has 4 antennae instead of the 3 that the current phone has. I don't know if that makes a difference, or if they're just trying to prevent dropped calls like the current phone has.

Thanks for the feedback. I read online that the 4g might be coming June or July. I'm really not betting on anything, and I'd probably wait until that timeframe to get a new phone, anyway. I'm still happy with my BB Storm, but it's the only internet I have currently unless I'm somewhere else using wi-fi, and I'd like it to be a little faster.

Comment

Fuck the iPhone and any other Apple product. I've had it with their designed obsolescence. 4G has been out for a while now, why wasn't the new iPhone 4G when the Evo already is? Just like before when the iPhone couldnt even work with video, seriously? I thought Apple was the best shit out there with the most cutting edge tech. I'll stick with my Droid X. Love it, haven't seen ANYTHING the Apple will do better. The only edge Apple has is a larger accessory market, otherwise its inferior.

Comment

Every manufacturer has a planned obsolescence in their product(from phones to cars) that's how they get you to purchase a new one.In an effort to be first on the market, a lot of R+D is done in the hands of the consumer these days instead of behind the scenes.

I'm going to ride my 3G into the ground. then I'll probably get an EVO equivalent. Remember, just because your contract is up doesn't mean you need to get a new phone.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Every manufacturer has a planned obsolescence in their product(from phones to cars) that's how they get you to purchase a new one.In an effort to be first on the market, a lot of R+D is done in the hands of the consumer these days instead of behind the scenes.

I'm going to ride my 3G into the ground. then I'll probably get an EVO equivalent. Remember, just because your contract is up doesn't mean you need to get a new phone.
              Yes they all do it, but Apple is on a completely different level of it. They sell their product as the biggest and baddest thing out there, but it can't even run 4G? Like the previous non-S, almost every other smart phone on the market (and some regular phones) recorded video. Why the hell not the Apple? They damn sure could but they knew all the bandwagon Apple fans would buy their shit even though it had been neutered so that they could release a bigger better one just a little later and get everyone to toss hundreds of dollars at that one.

Hell, AT&T is planning on a huge new line of Android based devices this year in order to ultimately get rid of their dependance on Apple products.

Comment

At this point, it doesn't really matter if your phone has 4g or not. I know people with sprint and coverage is shitty. If you're lucky enough to get 4g, it's often weak and switches back and forth from 3g. 4G is largely worthless right now. It's just used to sell phones.
                IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                  At this point, it doesn't really matter if your phone has 4g or not. I know people with sprint and coverage is shitty. If you're lucky enough to get 4g, it's often weak and switches back and forth from 3g. 4G is largely worthless right now. It's just used to sell phones.
                  I've heard the same. Many people don't actually get 4G and when they do it's really weak. Also the problem with the iphone going to verizon is it won't run as fast as it does on ATTs network. At least that what some tech sites are saying. Something about it not being able to make calls and use functions at the same time.

Comment

Yeah, CDMA isn't capable of voice and data simultaneously.

Comment

I think i'm gonna trade in my droid x to the this iphone if its released. Hopefully my work will pay for it since its their phone.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                        I think i'm gonna trade in my droid x to the this iphone if its released. Hopefully my work will pay for it since its their phone.
                        For what reason? The Droid X is quite a more capable and customizable phone than the IPhone. Really the ONLY thing the IPhone does better than the Droid X is its music interface. I have a Droid X and could not be happier. Ive played with multiple generation IPhones and I have been thoroughly impressed (and jealous) of them up until I got my Droid X. IMHO the X and the Evo are very much a match for the IPhone

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          For what reason? The Droid X is quite a more capable and customizable phone than the IPhone. Really the ONLY thing the IPhone does better than the Droid X is its music interface. I have a Droid X and could not be happier. Ive played with multiple generation IPhones and I have been thoroughly impressed (and jealous) of them up until I got my Droid X. IMHO the X and the Evo are very much a match for the IPhone
                          Really? I dunno, for exchange and contacts and calendars i like my iphone's interface. But I haven't really messed with this droid too much except for maybe using the camera.

Comment

I still can't wrap my head around all the shizzle my iphone will do ,I mean all I wanted was something to talk to other folks on when not close enough to do so !
                            With that said it is nice to have the ability to get on line when not around the laptop.
                            89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
                            97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                              Really? I dunno, for exchange and contacts and calendars i like my iphone's interface. But I haven't really messed with this droid too much except for maybe using the camera.
                              This is the main reason I went back to the iPhone from my nexus one. The iPhone's email app and full exchange support just flat out works better than android at the moment. Also, apple knows how to handle media, and the iPod has become the standard to which all others are judged.

There is not a perfect solution, it comes down to the user's requirements and expectations. Brand loyalty is pointless, I will use which ever product works best for me and right now that is the iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                              X