Is it just me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me....

Or do movies in general over the past few years, with a very few notable exceptions, absolutely suck?

I mean, for every good movie (inception), there has to be 100 movies that are absolute crap.... bad acting, directing, screenwriting, idiotic\predictable plot, stolen ideas, re-makes, 15 sequels....

BTW, I have an idea for a comedy that would be better than all of last year's drek, but I'm afraid to tell anybody cause it would be ripped off... LOL

Why some people continue to pay the outrageous sums of money for this crap is beyond me....

I think I have more fun downloading Rifftrax to most of them...

(BTW, Rifftrax Rocks...)
    www.rifftrax.com
    Last edited by Gargamel; 01-08-2011, 09:13 AM.

Reign of Fire with Rifftrax is almost too much to handle. Seriously fucking funny.

But yes I agree. The majority of movies I see coming out look like shit. I used to go to the movies every weekend growing up...now I only go 3 times a year.

Comment

Yeah, Hollywood has run out of ideas for the most part. We only went to the movies twice last year. As expensive as movies are now, it's gotta be pretty damn good for me to go out to the movies to drop a minimum of $20 bucks to see a movie for the wife and I. Otherwise we just wait for On Demand and spend $5 bucks. Even with On Demand, I think there was only 5 or 6 movies we watched last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
        Reign of Fire with Rifftrax is almost too much to handle. Seriously fucking funny.

But yes I agree. The majority of movies I see coming out look like shit. I used to go to the movies every weekend growing up...now I only go 3 times a year.
        Reign Of Fire.... Noted as next in Rifftrax queue... Thanks!

Comment

I'd say the ratio of good movies to bad movies today is roughly the same as it's always been, but there are so many more movies being made.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
            I'd say the ratio of good movies to bad movies today is roughly the same as it's always been, but there are so many more movies being made.
            Agreed. The good ones from the past stick out because, well they're good movies. And most of the bad ones get forgotten just as the ones coming out will.

K imma go watch 3 ninjas and mighty ducks now.
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
              K imma go watch 3 ninjas and mighty ducks now.
              lmao
              -Blaine

Comment

Is Surf Ninjas on that mess?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Is Surf Ninjas on that mess?
                  On the third day of the expedition they came across a giant rubber plant. Unfortunately, they could not cut it down, for as we know, money can't buy knives. Walking around the plant, they continued on the shores of Patusan.

Comment

On the third day of the expedition they came across a giant rubber plant. Unfortunately, they could not cut it down, for as we know, money can't buy knives. Walking around the plant, they continued on the shores of Patusan.
                    Righteous.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I had never seen the movie and we downloaded the Rifftrax based on your suggestion. It was funny as hell...I loved how they ripped on Matthew Mcconaughey. LMAO
                      sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X