Rep. Gifford killed in AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep. Gifford killed in AZ

This is tragic. I don't know much about this lady, other than her support of Obamacare. I wonder how many politicians stand behind their beliefs enough to die for them?

Check NPR and drudge.

Or check DFWM

:Eyecrazy: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-reportedly-shot-public-event/

Comment

Not my fault he posted in the wrong section

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Not my fault he posted in the wrong section
        Excuses, excuses.

Comment

Usually, people post Events in the "now" on the Back Porch. Reference Korean shelling and Fort Hood shooting.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

While i don't share her political views, no one deserves to die for them either. Brave men and women have fought and died to ensure the right for each of us to express what we believe in. That's the thing that sets our country apart and makes it great.

However, I will say that being a part of the crap that went on with obamacare (bills passed late in the evening, shenanigans like the louisiana purchase, and so on) just MIGHT put you at risk of being attacked by an unhappy constituent.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
              While i don't share her political views, no one deserves to die for them either. Brave men and women have fought and died to ensure the right for each of us to express what we believe in. That's the thing that sets our country apart and makes it great.

However, I will say that being a part of the crap that went on with obamacare (bills passed late in the evening, shenanigans like the louisiana purchase, and so on) just MIGHT put you at risk of being attacked by an unhappy constituent.
              I'm not advocating what happened. I'm saying that when you are part of legislation that rips the fabric of this country and changes the course of history away from the ideals that the country was founded on - against the voices of the masses because the sheeple know not what they need, you better be prepared for whatever comes.

Comment

As I'm watching the news on this tragedy, you can sense the tension as info leaks out about this guy. The press is SO ready to throw out blame to the Tea Party, it's just disgusting. I admit that I breathed a sigh of relief when they said he didn't believe in God, and was pissed off about someone trying to hand him a bible.

Comment

He didnt believe in God and hated the country from what it looks like in his rants. Tea Partiers are believers in God and love this country.

Comment

What does this guy not believing in god have anything to do with it? He was a fucking nutbag, case closed. I don't believe in god, but I'm not going to go shoot my rep over it. That's asinine to even insinuate his religion, or lack thereof, had some bearing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      What does this guy not believing in god have anything to do with it? He was a fucking nutbag, case closed. I don't believe in god, but I'm not going to go shoot my rep over it. That's asinine to even insinuate his religion, or lack thereof, had some bearing on it.
                      With our liberal news media, it would have had everything to with it if he had claimed to be some Christian fundamentalist on a mission from God. As it is, pundits could extrapolate from this that non-believers are all delusional whackjobs.

Stereotypes and generalizations are a bitch aren't they?

Comment

Someone needs to put a leash on those non-believers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          As I'm watching the news on this tragedy, you can sense the tension as info leaks out about this guy. The press is SO ready to throw out blame to the Tea Party, it's just disgusting. I admit that I breathed a sigh of relief when they said he didn't believe in God, and was pissed off about someone trying to hand him a bible.
                          Anyone remember those "violent" tea party protests where it turns out there were really old people sitting around in lawn chairs?

People are ready to twist ANY situation to suit their agenda. This most certainly includes the press, who got their noses tweaked by the last election after cheerleading for obama previously.

Sean - I believe that we are saying the same thing, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            With our liberal news media, it would have had everything to with it if he had claimed to be some Christian fundamentalist on a mission from God. As it is, pundits could extrapolate from this that non-believers are all delusional whackjobs.

Stereotypes and generalizations are a bitch aren't they?
                            No. If he would've claimed he was on a mission from god as his reasoning, then his faith would have something to do with it. He's just crazy. Batshit, insane, crazy.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              No. If he would've claimed he was on a mission from god as his reasoning, then his faith would have something to do with it. He's just crazy. Batshit, insane, crazy.
                              No, he would still just be crazy. Batshit, insane, crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X