Got the new 5.0 to the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new 5.0 to the track

I got some drag radials yesterday, so I decided it would be a good time to get some base numbers.
    I was hoping for low 12's. First pass was an 11.84@116.7, I was super happy with that. I made a few more and they were all 11.9's between 115.8-116.5. So I went home really happy, all the passes I made were in the 11's. I left it in drive and let the trans do it's thing. It shifts into 4th right at th 1/4 mile traps.
    Current mods are:
    Cold air kit, magnaflow catback, offroad H-pipe, custom tune for E-85, and 18" drag radials.
    With twins this thing will be sick! This was 100% full weight, spare in the trunk, leather, nav., baby seat, etc...

On a side note, one of our techs Jay, took his twin turbo LS1 in a fox coupe. It ran pretty good, he was having traction issues. Off a 2k launch it went a 9.7@149.
    Brandon took his 302" fox with a dry kit and went 11.2@119.
    We had a great time!
    Last edited by Manny; 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM.
    Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
    The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
    The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
    9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Congrats on the times! Video's are your friend
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I've always enjoyed driving a stick, but I'm convinced I could switch over to an automatic

Nice times!! Congrats!
      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Oh, and LOL @ still having the baby seat in the car.
        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

that's badass
          -Blaine

Comment

nice et and mph that thing is gonna really haul ass with the turbos
            2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
            2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Damn.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

My uncle took his to Denton today. His is a 6spd with 3.31 gears, has a k&n intake and running the stock 235 18s. It went 8.01 @ 92, 60' no better than 1.9, pretty unreal.
                Last edited by 46Tbird; 01-08-2011, 08:27 PM.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  My uncle took his to Denton today. His is a 6spd with 3.31 gears, has a k&n intake and running the stock 235 18s. It went 8.01 @ 92, 60' no better than 1.9, pretty unreal.
                  Agreed. My '00GT back in the day went 7.75 @89 with ET Streets, o/r H, 4.10s and a 100 shot. Get a better 60' on that car and it'd match my old car.
                  Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Here's a vid. It's boring because it's so stock, lol.

Comment

Uncle Matt? LOL why am I not surprised?

Comment

The one and only

Comment

Very impressive so far Manny!

Comment

It was such a good day at the track. Running high 11's with 2 boltons is amazing. These 5.0's are even more impressive than ls1's back in early 2000 to 2003. Who would have thought ford could make a 302 so efficent!

But not to forget the ls1...jays car is booking! Its a bone stock 6ltr motor with small twins. Stock block, stock pistons, stock heads, stock gm cam...and he is almost touching 150mph in the 1/4 mile!! He ran a 6.1@115...with a lot more left in the 60'.

And brandons new name is "the shifter"! That boy can drive. With a fox body hatch that makes 270rw on motor, and 425rw on a 150 dry shot...he was busting off mid to low 11's all day long at 120mph. And that's launching on motor, and hitting the dry shot after he is rolling. With some good suspension and a gangster launch...b is going to be in the 10's soon!

Comment

There are videos coming soon. However don't look for anything to wild. It was the most boring 11 sec. passes I have ever made. It is just to simple, I found myself looking around.
                              There are some video's though. I'll see if we can get them up.
                              Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                              The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
                              The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
                              9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Comment

Working...
                              X