It pays to ask. Range brass pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to ask. Range brass pickup

Iowa winters put a big damper on a new re loader like myself to score free brass.

At the range testing some workup loads i ran into a kid shooting a few nice guns. I noticed he was shooting steel case stuff ,and commented if he shoots any brass could i keep. If he didnt want it.

A hour later he stopped by my station and said that he did not shoot any brass today, but has a 5 gallon bucket at home with assorted brass. It was mine if i wanted it.

It might not be much, but 200 .223, a 100 .308, and a shit ton of other stuff

30.06, 300mag, and some other shit.

Where i will be in the future i will not score like this. I will have my own range to shoot at, so this was a nice score.

The 308 was nice. Its not much, but i plan on owning one in the future.

Nice, sometimes I head to public ranges for brass for he same reasons.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Nice, sometimes I head to public ranges for brass for he same reasons.
      What's the etiquette/protocol for picking up brass (that's not yours) at ranges? Anyone know?

I assume they forbid it, but not sure. I've never asked.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        What's the etiquette/protocol for picking up brass (that's not yours) at ranges? Anyone know?

I assume they forbid it, but not sure. I've never asked.

David
        I ask people if I can. Usually they don't mind at all. If its a previous shooters, I shoot the same caliber near them and then fail to correctly count what I pick back up.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
        X