Resume help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume help

I'm not getting much response from my current resume. Most employers are looking for work history for the past 10 years and my last job lasted over 11 years. I need to make it more substantial without lying or grossly overstating my abilities.

Just be honest. If they do no like the fact you are honest and stayed at a place 11 years. You might want to move on.
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Change the format to an experience based, still keeps your work history in there but shows more of what you have done outside of that timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Change the format to an experience based, still keeps your work history in there but shows more of what you have done outside of that timeframe.
        I'm gonna look for a template of that to work from. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Pm me your email address. I think I still have a bunch of info from dirk spencer.

I have learned that in the current job market it is more about who you know than what you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
            I'm gonna look for a template of that to work from. Thank you for the help!

Try searching a skill based format too, sometimes it is easier to use also.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              I have learned that in the current job market it is more about who you know than what you know
              Fucking truth ... Doesn't work well for a hermit like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Pm me your email address. I think I still have a bunch of info from dirk spencer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                How's it going on getting the new job btw?

Comment

Say what you will about the life of a contractor, it's full of surprises. A seasoned veteran of the work-for-hire world, Don knew every gig came with a new environment and new people. So even though Inverness is no Edinburgh or Glasgow (it's more like the Scottish equivalent of Boise, Idaho), Don put his CV in for an IT manager role out there anyway. He was ready for anything... except his first phone call with Gordon, the company's hiring manager. "I'm sorry," Gordon interrupted Don in mid-sentence, "you're a contractor?"
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    Fucking truth ... Doesn't work well for a hermit like myself.
                    I didn't understand the importance of networking while I was in college. I have hit up every contact I have within various companies with little to no success to date. See my next quote for the success

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    How's it going on getting the new job btw?
                    I thought about updating that thread in the back porch, however, I didn't want to jinx myself. I actually got a call today. The company I am interviewing with still operates like a mom and pop organization. They take their time to make sure they get the right candidate for the position they have open. I felt like the interviews went terribly last week. I walked out thinking the next call I got would be to let me know they had better candidates. The call I got today was to schedule my interview with the VP of the company. I was floored. I had started searching for open positions again earlier this week actually. I go next Wednesday morning for an interview with the VP. This process started with 8 candidates, the last round was 3 candidates. I am not sure if they chose the best two candidates or just one to send to the VP. Thanks for asking!
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Best of luck on the next round!!!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I took what was pretty spartan before and beefed it up without any fabrication and still staying concise. Close to 1 page cover letter and 3/4 page resume. I'm letting an old supervisor take a look at it to see if there is anything I could improve upon.

Comment

i use Microsoft Works it has a simple resume program in it

Comment

How important is your cover letter? I'm in the same situation as the op, mine sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                              How important is your cover letter? I'm in the same situation as the op, mine sucks.
                              Pretty fucking important.

Comment

Working...
                              X